For Anyone Live

For Anyone Live

Postby prettygreengallagher » 06 Mar 2011, 03:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWUh3EMP0o

Second night at glasgow and I'm not sure this song is going to be kept on for much longer, Liam seems like hes having a hard time. :(
Thought the first night sounded pretty good - this is a very hard song to sing live, I dont even think a young liam could have hit the high notes.
prettygreengallagher

Re: For Anyone Live

Postby Glaw » 06 Mar 2011, 04:19

They should've played wigwam instead. I know many of you don't like it, but i'm sure it could perfectly work for live shows.
Glaw

Postby lfctez » 06 Mar 2011, 09:42

how can some people not like wigwam ?? i'm gutted it's not on the setlist !! can't wait for tonight !!!!!!
lfctez

Postby nick88 » 06 Mar 2011, 11:12

maybe they should change the key
nick88

Postby mattbunce72 » 06 Mar 2011, 11:54

Hope they keep it, sounds great live!!!
mattbunce72

Postby bobaap » 06 Mar 2011, 12:36

Agree wigwam is better than for anyone to me,yea the middle is a mess but beginning and end are mint,it's one of the better songs on the cd,would love to here it live
bobaap

Postby Song-Bird » 06 Mar 2011, 16:14

It's funny because I adore 'For Anyone', it's a beautiful song and easily one of my favourites on the album. But I thought it was the only song that didn't work very well live. You could tell Liam was struggling to get that 'Angelic' sound he has on the record and it just didn't seem right with a more 'electric' sound, rather than the simple 'acoustic-y' sound on the album.
xxx
Song-Bird

Postby Curtoalbion » 06 Mar 2011, 18:01

lfctez wrote:how can some people not like wigwam ?? i'm gutted it's not on the setlist !! can't wait for tonight !!!!!!

I really didnt like Wigwam, I actually stated on here that I thought it was the weakest track on the album. Just an initial opinion I suppose, but I was very wrong!! Tune
Curtoalbion

Postby Song-Bird » 06 Mar 2011, 20:30

Wigwam is one of my personal favourites on the album.. but considering most of it is instrumentals and "la, la, la's" I can understand why they might not have wanted to play it live, just don't think it would have worked well live.
xxx
Song-Bird

Postby rocknroll85 » 06 Mar 2011, 21:35

I like wigwam, but i cant see how it would work live to be honest.

On for anyone, here, he doesnt sound that great. Was it any better the first night? It would be good if they could maybe rework the song in another key, but by the time they've finished this tour (including all the festivals) then wont they be in the studio doing the soundtrack for the longest cocktail party, so it will soon be out of the set anyway.
rocknroll85

Postby Song-Bird » 06 Mar 2011, 21:42

rocknroll85 wrote:I like wigwam, but i cant see how it would work live to be honest.

On for anyone, here, he doesnt sound that great. Was it any better the first night? It would be good if they could maybe rework the song in another key, but by the time they've finished this tour (including all the festivals) then wont they be in the studio doing the soundtrack for the longest cocktail party, so it will soon be out of the set anyway.

Nope, it was the same the first night as well, which is strange because his vocals sounded immense on all the other tracks. I guess he just struggles to get that "high/angelic" tone live.
xxx
Song-Bird

Postby Wodney » 06 Mar 2011, 23:46

It's very poor live. VERY poor.

I hope when they start to tour properly they drop some of the dead weight and add in a few Liam/Andy/Gem penned Oasis songs.

I'd love to see

Wind Up Dream
Beatles and Stones
For Anyone

Dropped, and

Boy With The Blues (Perfect vocal range for Liam)
Eyeball Tickler (Uptempo, easy for Liam to sing)
Keep the Dream Alive (Again, perfect vocal range for Liam)

Added for every night, with the ocassional "I'm Outta Time"

Tell me this wouldn't be an awesome gig.
Wodney

Postby Curtoalbion » 07 Mar 2011, 10:07

Would b nice to see I guess...but its never gonna happen buddy!
Curtoalbion

Postby mattlee345 » 07 Mar 2011, 17:32

Time we ended the 'what a great gig it would be if they played Oasis songs'. It's not Oasis, it's Beady Eye, and as a band they have already said a thousand times that won't play any Oasis songs whether penned by Noel, Liam, Gem or Andy.

As far as I am concerned I loved 'For Anyone' live. Albeit it's definitely not the best song for Liam to be singing live, and no it doesn't sound great or as good as it does on the album, but it's still a quality song, and being at Manchester last night I loved it, especially after the rocking intro with FLW and B&S.
mattlee345

Postby ryansaffery » 07 Mar 2011, 18:19

Well said that man ^

New band, new tunes. Every new band that comes out with one album has a short set list. Just enjoy the intimate venues while it lasts as Beady Eye are gonna take over!!
I can't wait until Wednesday and Thursday at the Troxy. I love For Anyone and all tunes on the album for that fact, can't wait for the live set!

Unfortunately Oasis is over, however Beady Eye is here to rock!
ryansaffery

Postby mattlee345 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:44

ryansaffery wrote:New band, new tunes. Every new band that comes out with one album has a short set list. Just enjoy the intimate venues while it lasts as Beady Eye are gonna take over!!
I can't wait until Wednesday and Thursday at the Troxy. I love For Anyone and all tunes on the album for that fact, can't wait for the live set!

Unfortunately Oasis is over, however Beady Eye is here to rock!

Exactly. Time we begun to live in the present. I for one am loving the album and as you say the intimate venues, which I much prefer to the arena tours of Oasis' latter years.
Now that Manchester's all over, Leeds can't come soon enough!
mattlee345

Postby rmfarey » 07 Mar 2011, 23:22

Been at Manchester and for me For Anyone sounded fine, wasn't awful...shocking or whatever rubbish gets said.

Liam sounding the best he has done for years. Amazing gig........amazing!
rmfarey

Return to All Things Music