Beady Eye aren't scared of The Strokes, apparently

Beady Eye aren't scared of The Strokes, apparently

Postby digdug » 23 Mar 2011, 20:36

Liam Gallagher has declared that he and his Beady Eye bandmates aren't scared of the competition at this summer's Reading And Leeds Festivals.

Beady Eye are set to headline the NME/Radio 1 Stage at the August events. The Strokes, Muse, My Chemical Romance and Pulp will all play Main Stage headline slots.

When asked about The Strokes Gallagher told NME: "We weren't f**king scared of them the first time we heard them. We're not f**king scared of them now!"

Speaking about how he thought he'd adapt to playing one of Beady Eye's first festival shows, he added: "I'll comfortably f**king fit back into that dress."

I wouldn't really be scared of the Strokes either, at this point. It seems like they've followed an Interpol sort of pattern where everyone can pretty much agree that each successive album is a little bit worse than the one that came before it.

Muse and My Chemical Romance are both pretty awful teencore trashbands so they'll probably draw a lot of that demographic but I wouldn't really want that demographic at my show. :?Anyway I guess it comes down to what band specifically is playing at the same time as Beady Eye.
digdug

Return to All Things Music