Recent North American Tour a Great Success

Recent North American Tour a Great Success

Postby oasiscane » 27 Jun 2011, 22:02

I went to three out of the four shows and thought that these shows were all brilliant! I hope this shows the band and the management that schedules these tours that they need to come back for more dates on the next tour.

I know they plan to come back to the west coast in November for some shows but it would be great to see Beady Eye hit more US/Canadian cities in the future.

Let's hope the next release brings us some more live shows here!

I will take what I can get and enjoyed every second this past week. Love the new songs and can't wait to hear more.
oasiscane

Re: Recent North American Tour a Great Success

Postby shakermaker05 » 28 Jun 2011, 01:31

I agree. I was at the philly gig on saturday and thought the crowd support was good. I see no reason why Beady Eye couldn't sell out similar sized venues in Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Dallas and all over the country. Lets hope the band and management will see this.
shakermaker05

Postby TheNazz » 28 Jun 2011, 20:40

It's not 'always' up to Management whether they tour or not. Promoters need to get on board & book the band to play & like anything else it depends on whether they think they can get a return on their investment. Booking a tour for BE would have its risks as they are not that well known in the States and the chances are they may not sell out all their tickets , which would mean a financial loss for the promoters....I think their short tour of America was a bit like 'putting the feelers out' to see how much real interest is out there for the band and obviously being on Letterman was part of that plan as I imagine it's televised all over the country. Just that alone would've given them a lot of exposure. If the album starts selling well over there and there's a 'vibe' happening for the band I'm sure a few promoters will be more interested in taking a punt.
TheNazz

Postby digdug » 28 Jun 2011, 20:54

If scalpers buy as many of the tickets at those gigs as they did at the Toronto gig then they won't have any trouble selling out the venue. :P
digdug

Postby TheNazz » 29 Jun 2011, 12:54

Yeah , I heard the Chicago gig sold out hours before and there was a massive line out onto the street and beyond....that's a GREAT sign for the band and shows there's a lot of interest. Let's hope promoters feel the same....
TheNazz

Postby oasiscane » 29 Jun 2011, 13:36

TheNazz wrote:It's not 'always' up to Management whether they tour or not. Promoters need to get on board & book the band to play & like anything else it depends on whether they think they can get a return on their investment. Booking a tour for BE would have its risks as they are not that well known in the States and the chances are they may not sell out all their tickets , which would mean a financial loss for the promoters....I think their short tour of America was a bit like 'putting the feelers out' to see how much real interest is out there for the band and obviously being on Letterman was part of that plan as I imagine it's televised all over the country. Just that alone would've given them a lot of exposure. If the album starts selling well over there and there's a 'vibe' happening for the band I'm sure a few promoters will be more interested in taking a punt.

With all of the shows on this North American tour selling out in days I would be very surprised if it was an issue of getting a promoter to jump on board for other cities. My feeling is that Management decided to only do a few shows to test the waters. I will say that Beady Eye would not have had any trouble selling out the same sized venues in other cities.

Maybe this will provide more dates to be scheduled on the west coast in November? We will see.
oasiscane

Postby Aaron_Lennon » 01 Jul 2011, 21:38

I wish they would come to my home town in Austin, Texas for South by Southwest. It's the biggest music festival in the world, it lasts for a week. Bands and loads of people from all over the world come to play gigs in bars, theaters and whatnot. It's f**king insane! Beady Eye could easily sell out the Paramount Theater which is by far the coolest venue in town I think.
Aaron_Lennon

Return to All Things Music