Beat Goes On Video

Beat Goes On Video

Postby Aaron_Lennon » 01 Jul 2011, 18:55

Kind of reminds me of the Let There Be Love video which is dissapointing. Not that the Oasis video was piss poor, just that they did this already, take a lovely song and put it to a live gig, show the crowd going mental, slow-mo shots of everyone, Liam being cocky and all "god-like"... Weak sauce. I think it was an easy way out and showcases absolutely no creativity whatsoever. Personally I think the song was a poor choice for a single, it will never make it over here in the States (I hope to be proven wrong though). It's too drawn out and slow, but I know a lot of people here disagree, I wish it wasn't so repetitive, maybe a minute shorter would have done it more good. Anways, I'm bummed on the video.
Aaron_Lennon

Re: Beat Goes On Video

Postby TheNazz » 01 Jul 2011, 21:05

I think the video is BRILLIANT. From memory the LTBL video was in B&W , slow mo all the way and quite drawn out - though the song itself is AMAZING (shulda been No 1 everywhere). BGO on the otherhand is a mix of different visuals ie. Liam actually singing , slow mo , flash backs , pics , realtime , close ups and it's in colour. Visually it has a lot more presence than the LTBL video. But I think the most impressive thing about the video is the Union Jack Parka......this is OBVIOUSLY a Statement by Liam that they are an English band , proud of it and don't give a flying toss what 'outsiders' think about it....Good on him. On the one hand u culd think that this could work against the bands international ambitions , especially in America , but I think it actually helps cement their image as being different & unique......this will help them stand out from the countless other British bands that go over there and don't really have anything distinctive or out of the ordinary to offer coz they sound and/or look like any other American band...
TheNazz

Postby Aaron_Lennon » 01 Jul 2011, 21:20

It's kinda worrisome that you think the MOST impressive thing about the video is Liam's parka (what does that say about the video, or the band for that matter, when the most impressive thing is a parka)... dude, the band is not about LIAM. It pisses me off how everyone chants "liam, liam, liam" at shows. He is by FAR the least talented member, not to mention he is incredibly dense and has maybe 20 words in his vocubulary ( "d'yer know what I mean?" X 20 every single interview, and yes Liam we ALL know what you mean, you're not speaking in Latin dude...). Listen, I adore Oasis and Beady Eye, hell I own a couple of Pretty Green items (won em' off the World Cup raffle, can't afford $90 for a plain t-shirt), and I think Liam has great charisma, but the video is no where near "brilliant"... It lacks any thought and originality. Face it dude, their image is not "different and unique", you're lying to yourself if you believe that to be true, even the band said they are not reinventing the wheel. Their image hasn't changed much in 10 years, especially Liam's (unless you count the wrinkles). Like I said, Beady Eye is awesome, I think the best band around right now, however, the video blows hard. I don't mean to put you down or anything, you have a right to your opinion and if you think the video is great, more power to you man, I just find it incredibly lame.
Aaron_Lennon

Postby saruzzu » 01 Jul 2011, 22:02

radio edit is s**t
saruzzu

Postby JackWMS » 01 Jul 2011, 23:56

Why on earth was this not filmed at a proper gig?!

Pretty s**t crowd to be fair, a few fans there loving it but the rest of the crowd is just sterile. If they filmed this at one of their 2500 capacity shows the crowd would be f**king insane, everyone has seen the response when FLW kicks in, on the other hand I suppose it was better lighting :lol:

I thought the video was a tad s**te, the best thing was his jacket and that's not a good thing at all. Yawn fest.
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 02 Jul 2011, 00:39

They should have waited and filmed it at T in The Park. Us Scots get fuckin mad fer it! Plus, the weather will hopefully be better than IOW :P
MBywalec

• Website

Postby NovaStark » 02 Jul 2011, 05:23

I actually like this video more than LTBL since it is more lively and the song is not as 'sad'.

They should have used a better crowd though.
NovaStark

Postby RAY.MOREY » 02 Jul 2011, 23:36

It does seem to be a bit of a cop out when they use a live performance of a track as the video, however i do like this one and the jacket is pretty cool but only Liam could carry this off, i am glad they have released this one because it could pull in a more neutral audience being the type of la la ballad Liam tends to do very well vocally, and i think it is one of the best tracks on the album..........does anyone know if Noel is gonna put anything out musically soon??? :P
RAY.MOREY

Postby heathenchemistry » 04 Jul 2011, 02:58

hey man I'm down with the video, just glad they're still touring and playing gigs... whatever.

Keep the singles coming, keep it coming. love it all
heathenchemistry

Postby treetops » 04 Jul 2011, 04:32

Aaron_Lennon wrote:Kind of reminds me of the Let There Be Love video which is dissapointing.

Plagiarising themselves?

Aaron_Lennon wrote:Not that the Oasis video was piss poor, just that they did this already, take a lovely song and put it to a live gig, show the crowd going mental, slow-mo shots of everyone, Liam being cocky and all "god-like"... Weak sauce. I think it was an easy way out and showcases absolutely no creativity whatsoever.

Some might say that, however.. I thought that was the whole point?

'Some day all the world will sing my song'
treetops

Postby b0bban » 04 Jul 2011, 11:59

The vid is awesome! 8-)
b0bban

Postby TheNazz » 04 Jul 2011, 18:10

Aaron_Lennon wrote:It's kinda worrisome that you think the MOST impressive thing about the video is Liam's parka (what does that say about the video, or the band for that matter, when the most impressive thing is a parka)... dude, the band is not about LIAM. It pisses me off how everyone chants "liam, liam, liam" at shows. He is by FAR the least talented member, not to mention he is incredibly dense and has maybe 20 words in his vocubulary ( "d'yer know what I mean?" X 20 every single interview, and yes Liam we ALL know what you mean, you're not speaking in Latin dude...). Listen, I adore Oasis and Beady Eye, hell I own a couple of Pretty Green items (won em' off the World Cup raffle, can't afford $90 for a plain t-shirt), and I think Liam has great charisma, but the video is no where near "brilliant"... It lacks any thought and originality. Face it dude, their image is not "different and unique", you're lying to yourself if you believe that to be true, even the band said they are not reinventing the wheel. Their image hasn't changed much in 10 years, especially Liam's (unless you count the wrinkles). Like I said, Beady Eye is awesome, I think the best band around right now, however, the video blows hard. I don't mean to put you down or anything, you have a right to your opinion and if you think the video is great, more power to you man, I just find it incredibly lame.

It's NOT the actual Parka u dingbat it's the MEANING behind it......You don't need be original or thoughtful to be brilliant , sometimes it's just the simplest ideas that are the best. In a world full of over the top , over budget and overblown music videos this is certainly different. And in regards to their image and sound name me one band or artist that looks or sounds like them?.......thought so.
TheNazz

Postby TheBoyWithTheBlues » 05 Jul 2011, 10:36

I think it's a great video and I love the parka! Definitely a mod tribute, and very fitting at the Isle of Wight 8-)

I also think The Beat Goes On is a fantastic song, and is one of my favourites on the album. It's also one of my favourite lyrics.

Not sure if I liked the edit they had done for the video, but all in all it's a ten outta ten.
TheBoyWithTheBlues

Return to All Things Music