MEETING THE BAND

MEETING THE BAND

Postby Gblunny » 05 Apr 2011, 12:58

Alright,

Has anyone managed to meet the band before or after any of the recent UK gigs?

Cheers
Gblunny

Re: MEETING THE BAND

Postby ronaldo1903 » 05 Apr 2011, 13:10

I met them all (except Liam) in Madrid in the square outside their hotel before they went to do the sound check
ronaldo1903

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 05 Apr 2011, 15:22

ronaldo1903 wrote:I met them all (except Liam) in Madrid in the square outside their hotel before they went to do the sound check

sounds like you was one of the people mentioned in last weeks nme mag then, fairplay
Stephen_Pearce

Postby Frou » 05 Apr 2011, 21:42

Met everyone, except for Gem... I've had about 4 chances but something always comes up haha...
Frou

Postby Marcos_Harston » 06 Apr 2011, 07:08

I saw Gem at the TCT gig he was standing right in front of me it was unreal. The others who arrived before me saw Liam and Andy. I waited after the gig and saw Chris and spoke with Jeff and told him I came from Canada to see the show. Amazing night! To top it all off I got a setlist and Chris and Jeff signed it :D
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby Frou » 06 Apr 2011, 07:23

Top lads... and that's dedication, mate. :)
Frou

Postby ronaldo1903 » 06 Apr 2011, 12:39

Stephen_Pearce wrote:
ronaldo1903 wrote:I met them all (except Liam) in Madrid in the square outside their hotel before they went to do the sound check

sounds like you was one of the people mentioned in last weeks nme mag then, fairplay

What was said in NME?

Was cool meetign them, saw AB in the hotel reception and asked if coudl get photos with him, at first seemed a bit p!ssed off cos think he had been out buying records and was looking through them but was dead sound and had a wee joke with us, then Chris came over and met him as well. Got photo with Gem outside the hotel before he went to the sound check.
ronaldo1903

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 06 Apr 2011, 15:32

ronaldo1903 wrote:
Stephen_Pearce wrote:

What was said in NME?

Was cool meetign them, saw AB in the hotel reception and asked if coudl get photos with him, at first seemed a bit p!ssed off cos think he had been out buying records and was looking through them but was dead sound and had a wee joke with us, then Chris came over and met him as well. Got photo with Gem outside the hotel before he went to the sound check.

just mentioned all the fans waiting in the square outside the hotel all day, fairplay man i like the italians in general they are cool but still with passion (know thats a bit of a generalisation) think thats why they always 'got' oasis and beady eye
Stephen_Pearce

Postby ronaldo1903 » 06 Apr 2011, 16:13

Stephen_Pearce wrote:
ronaldo1903 wrote:
Stephen_Pearce wrote:

What was said in NME?

just mentioned all the fans waiting in the square outside the hotel all day, fairplay man i like the italians in general they are cool but still with passion (know thats a bit of a generalisation) think thats why they always 'got' oasis and beady eye

Madrid is in Spain ;)When I saw them I didn't notice that many folk hanging about, there was a wee spanish guy with a CD he was wanting signed so we showed him we had been in getting photos taken so showed him where to go, he was pretty chuffed.
Think they are pretty mad into them in Italy tho, not seen them over there yet, maybe next tour!
ronaldo1903

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 06 Apr 2011, 19:55

ronaldo1903 wrote:
Stephen_Pearce wrote:
ronaldo1903 wrote:
Stephen_Pearce wrote:

What was said in NME?

Madrid is in Spain ;)When I saw them I didn't notice that many folk hanging about, there was a wee spanish guy with a CD he was wanting signed so we showed him we had been in getting photos taken so showed him where to go, he was pretty chuffed.
Think they are pretty mad into them in Italy tho, not seen them over there yet, maybe next tour!

oh sorry for some reason i had thought you said milan, my geography isnt that poor i know madrid's in spain, a mate of mine was there yesterday watching spurs get spanked by real madrid ha. It was milan they went on about in nme, sounds like you had a good one anyway fairplay
Stephen_Pearce

Postby chewy » 08 Apr 2011, 15:39

never really bothered about meeing them.
ive been lucky enough to meet dozens of 'famous' people, have a beer with them, a chat etc but ive never bothered having my picture taken. what would i do with it afterwards? facebook? no thanks.

it'd be nice meeting liam and co through a mutual friend or work etc but do bump into him on the street and ask him to sign a beer mat, whats the point?
chewy

Postby andy » 08 Apr 2011, 19:08

chewy wrote:never really bothered about meeing them.
ive been lucky enough to meet dozens of 'famous' people, have a beer with them, a chat etc but ive never bothered having my picture taken. what would i do with it afterwards? facebook? no thanks.

it'd be nice meeting liam and co through a mutual friend or work etc but do bump into him on the street and ask him to sign a beer mat, whats the point?

As long as you don't judge those who care about these things...

I very much love to meet people whose work I love and say thank you face to face.
andy

Postby Dougsta81 » 12 Apr 2011, 13:41

Managed to meet Chris, Gem, Andy and the other new guy who looks like Ron would after the show in Madrid as they boarded the bus unfort the security guards lined a blacked out people carrier right at the bus the door so Liam only signed 1 or 2 autographs hope to meet him in dublin this week
Dougsta81

Postby Frou » 13 Apr 2011, 22:22

Lmao Ron who?
Frou

Postby JackWMS » 14 Apr 2011, 01:15

Ronnie Wood maybe? not sure.
JackWMS

Postby oasis1313 » 16 Apr 2011, 22:54

So does Liam do sound checks now?