Help with area on ticket!!!

Help with area on ticket!!!

Postby LG593 » 22 Apr 2011, 01:26

For the gig in Wolverhampton on Sunday my idea was to get close to the front the area on the ticket says "Stalls Standing" have I got the right ticket? Cheers for any help.
LG593

Re: Help with area on ticket!!!

Postby JackWMS » 22 Apr 2011, 01:31

Yep you do, I was always worried because to me stalls means seating and standing means... well standing. So it's a bit confusing.

But yeah you will be on the floor, I could imagine it going back to times gone by where that was probably the cheap area with just some free standing stalls. You probably had to have money to be in the balconies for a show or play, tables have turned now... no better place than on the floor in the middle of it all!
JackWMS

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 22 Apr 2011, 08:46

Yes, 'stalls standing' is just standing downstairs! Think Wolves Civic just set out to confuse us :lol:
Great venue though, it's my local venue (I live just outside of Wolverhampton). Can't wait til Sunday :mrgreen:got seats though..
brekkieMONKEY

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 22 Apr 2011, 14:43

yeah you have the right ticket the civic is downstairs all standing upstairs balcony seats with balcony standing which is basically just standing in the walkway behind the seats at the very back
Stephen_Pearce

Postby pete franko » 23 Apr 2011, 11:02

Hi got Balcony tix for Wolverhampton, is it possible to go to standing stalls with that ticket???/ Or do u have to stay in Balcony area???
pete franko

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 23 Apr 2011, 11:10

pete franko wrote:Hi got Balcony tix for Wolverhampton, is it possible to go to standing stalls with that ticket???/ Or do u have to stay in Balcony area???

I think if you have a balcony seat you have to stay in the balcony; when you get through the doors and towards the stairs they direct you to whichever side balcony you are. However, you might be able to sneak in to go downstairs once you first get in the main doors, never tried! They probably check tickets again but not really sure. :?
brekkieMONKEY

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 23 Apr 2011, 16:01

brekkieMONKEY wrote:
pete franko wrote:Hi got Balcony tix for Wolverhampton, is it possible to go to standing stalls with that ticket???/ Or do u have to stay in Balcony area???

I think if you have a balcony seat you have to stay in the balcony; when you get through the doors and towards the stairs they direct you to whichever side balcony you are. However, you might be able to sneak in to go downstairs once you first get in the main doors, never tried! They probably check tickets again but not really sure. :?

nah the civic is the easiest place to go into the standing area if your tickets balcony, when you go through the first doors as said they'll tell you either to go left or right depending on which side you tickets are on, this corridor leads to the stairs but also carrys on either side of the main hall with bars and food stalls down it (and at the very end gets to a large bar thats effectively behind the stage) so just follow their directions either left or right as you get to the stairs there will be security but they only look at your ticket if you go to go up the stairs (ie only letting people with balcony tickets up) so instead just walk down the corridor to the bar or toilet etc then theres doors all the way down this corridor that lead directly into the main hall which arent manned

trust me i've been to the civic more times that i care to remember you'll be fine (unless of course theyve changed this since i was last there but that werent long ago)
Stephen_Pearce

Return to All Things Live