Wolves gig

Wolves gig

Postby DeanoSupernova » 22 Apr 2011, 21:19

Anyone recommend a good pub in Wolverhampton that will be playing Mod/rock 'n' roll roll tunes before the gig.

I know there is a Yates' near the Civic, but does anyone know anywhere nearby that will be 'avin it'?

Regards,
DeanoSupernova

Re: Wolves gig

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 23 Apr 2011, 08:57

Hi mate, the only place that comes to mind is The Giffard Arms - I think they play mostly metal bands to be honest, but I've never been in.
Here's the link to their website: http://www.thegiffardarms.co.uk/whatson.htm
brekkieMONKEY

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 23 Apr 2011, 10:49

the giffard is defo rock/metal/goth you wont get any mod/rock n roll in there the tables are in shape of coffins and the walk to nthe toilet is more like being on a shitty ghost train which sort of shows you the style of the pub.

theres nothing really too decent music wise in wolvo only thing i can suggest is perhaps varsity typical studenty type pub so has some decent tunes on or over thew road in the royal london this is a 'scream' yellow card' pub you know the type is a bit studenty but has a juke box so if ya get a good crowd in there which pre beady eye gig i'd imagine there would be should get a decent playlist going only problem during the day they usual turn the jukebox off while the footy is on, might be worht trying the slade rooms (which is in the new little civic which is nowhere near the civic its on broad street) dont know what its like in there on a sunday or even if its open suppose it depends if theyve got a gig in there that night.

your right yates' is near the civic but music wise its s**t and especially on bank holidays i'm sure they tend to have some sort of dance music night on crappy stuff you know the types that attract lads with tight shirts and silly haircuts
Stephen_Pearce

Postby Stephen_Pearce » 27 Apr 2011, 08:42

just out of interest were did everybody head, i was in royal london from about 4.30 till 6.30 then onto yates' (despitew my earlier recomendaion) it was actually ok in there (well out the back) as was full of people going to the gig
Stephen_Pearce

Return to All Things Live