Philly Gig

Philly Gig

Postby shakermaker05 » 22 Jun 2011, 02:41

Hey, I was wondering if any of you were familiar with the lay of the land around the Theatre of Living Arts in Philly. I was wanting to know if there were any hotels within walking distance of the venue. I'm coming from Ohio so I'm not familiar with the area. I was hoping I could nab a room within walking distance so I could hit up the bars before and after the gig and not have to worry abbut driving back to a hotel. :-)
shakermaker05

Re: Philly Gig

Postby Vmisyankee05 » 22 Jun 2011, 14:58

-Hotels - There are many good hotels between Spruce Street and Market Street (Both run parallel to South Street a few blocks away). Most good hotels are not terribly far, but, from the TLA you are looking at a few blocks up and several blocks over. You may have to settle for a short cab ride as opposed to a long walk. Sorry for only giving you a general area. I cannot vouch for a specific one becuase I live near, so I have not stayed in a hotel in the city.

You can also take the metro. The closest station is Lombard South which is about twelve blocks west on South Street. Heading North on the Broad Street Line (Yellow) will take you into the area where the hotels are.

-Bars - There are a lot of bars on South Street. Blarney is right near the TLA on South Street. O'neals and Jon's Bar and Grille are pubs right around the corner on South 3rd Street. I will be at O'neals or Jon's for most of the day.

-Cheesesteaks - Pats and Ginos are about ten blocks away. Just head south on South 9th Street. Steaks on South and Jim's Steaks are right near the TLA on South Street, but I have not been to either so don't know how they are.
Vmisyankee05

Postby shakermaker05 » 22 Jun 2011, 19:41

Vmisyankee05 wrote:-Hotels - There are many good hotels between Spruce Street and Market Street (Both run parallel to South Street a few blocks away). Most good hotels are not terribly far, but, from the TLA you are looking at a few blocks up and several blocks over. You may have to settle for a short cab ride as opposed to a long walk. Sorry for only giving you a general area. I cannot vouch for a specific one becuase I live near, so I have not stayed in a hotel in the city.

You can also take the metro. The closest station is Lombard South which is about twelve blocks west on South Street. Heading North on the Broad Street Line (Yellow) will take you into the area where the hotels are.

-Bars - There are a lot of bars on South Street. Blarney is right near the TLA on South Street. O'neals and Jon's Bar and Grille are pubs right around the corner on South 3rd Street. I will be at O'neals or Jon's for most of the day.

-Cheesesteaks - Pats and Ginos are about ten blocks away. Just head south on South 9th Street. Steaks on South and Jim's Steaks are right near the TLA on South Street, but I have not been to either so don't know how they are.

Oh great information man. If I have to settle for a cab drive it's still beats riskin an ovi driving back to a hotel in the 'burbs so I will check that area out. I'm gunna have 3 other guys with me so we can split the fare. Also, thank you for the bar list. I was drinking in philly for 2 of the Eagles NFC title games (best friend is a huge fan) and I think we went to a bar called Chick-n-Petes and the Phill-adium or something of that sort, but both were really sweet. I will definitely check the above-mentioned ones out though. As long as I can find some Guinness on tap I'll be happy :-)
shakermaker05

Postby Sean_King » 25 Jun 2011, 17:18

Where's tonight's pre-gathering? I have one extra ticket, face value, for anybody who wants it. You can e-mail me at , thanks.
Sean_King

Return to All Things Live