Acoustic pick up

Acoustic pick up

Postby Scott_Mahoney » 02 Aug 2011, 21:33

Shot in the dark this but not any other forum linked with my question ive got an epiphone EJ-200 and now i need to be amplified. wer looking at pick ups, like the clip on ones or the ones you just slot in the sound hole. on ebay there dirt cheap but on a guitar website they're expensive as!!! I aint gonna be using it a lot so dont wanna chuck loads of cash at it....anyone have a pick up at a reasonable price that they could recommend?

cheers
Scott_Mahoney

Re: Acoustic pick up

Postby Marcos_Harston » 02 Aug 2011, 22:46

I have an EJ-200 as well but I bought the LR Baggs M1 active pickup like Noel's. It actually gone up in price since I bought it about a year ago but it is still expensive. With that in mind you can get a Dean Markley ProMag Grand Acoustic Guitar Humbucking Pickup they go for 50-60 and should be good for the odd time you want to plug in your acoustic. There's also the Fishman Neo-D acoustic pickup ($50) which are available in a single coil or humbucking option depending on what you want. These prices are Canadian so if you live in the US/UK adjust them accordingly. Hopefully this helps.
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Re: Acoustic pick up

Postby Ally » 05 Aug 2011, 12:19

I have an AER AK15+ in my acoustic. Top quality. £200
Ally

Return to All Things Gear