GREAT GUITARIST GEM!

GREAT GUITARIST GEM!

Postby Johnny-B87 » 09 Nov 2010, 17:03

Hi All,

Well looking forward to the single release tomorrow, im sure its gonna be brilliant! so come on then, do we think the new Beady Eye will be as good as or better then Dig Out Your Soul? What are your thoughts?

I personally think it will be up there, anything with Gem on guitars is brilliant!

BTW can anyone give any ideas to me what pedals could create the sound coming from Gems guitar on this video? Its the 8th one down on google videos titled - "Noel & Gem of Oasis Live in Paris 05 04 2008 - part 4" class version of Listen up!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=noel+a ... hl=en&aq=f

Look forward to your comments!

Johnny B X
Johnny-B87

Re: GREAT GUITARIST GEM!

Postby Marcos_Harston » 14 Nov 2010, 06:32

I love that live in Paris its really good I always watch it. Can't say for sure what he uses but I know he has a Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler, its more noticeable in the Wembley Arena gig when the cameras are overhead flying around. Anyway his tone sounds simple enough its just a semi hollowbody guitar on a clean channel with the reverb cranked up a bit and a touch of delay. I played the same bit Gem does on my Dot before and it sounds pretty close
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Re: GREAT GUITARIST GEM!

Postby Heavy_Stereo » 14 Nov 2010, 16:35

I was in the front row for the Toronto show, and I got a look at his pedal board. Unfortunately, all the pics I took only show a few pedals. I know for a fact he had a vintage Ibanez Tubescreamer, 2 Boss DD-5 pedals (one always set on reverse and one for delay), and the light purple Boss Flanger (could be a BF-2 or a BF-3). I also assume the third white pedal on his board was the Boss tuner. I remember being shocked he used the Flanger pedal considering he was using a vintage AC30 which has the greatest tremelo sound in the world already built in. There could have been 1 or 2 more pedals (maybe a chorus?) but I couldn't tell by the tone. Guitar tones are my obsession, especially this band's.
Heavy_Stereo

Return to All Things Gear