Kasabian warm up shows?

Kasabian warm up shows?

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 05 May 2011, 22:30

Anyone planning on going to any of the Kasabian gigs they announced? Might go to the Civic Hall one if I can get tickets, although I would like to see Doherty and both tickets are on sale tomorrow. Decisions! :|
brekkieMONKEY

Re: Kasabian warm up shows?

Postby Marcos_Harston » 05 Jun 2011, 04:50

Apparently they played two new songs. Hopefully someone uploads them on youtube!
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby rovers95 » 05 Jun 2011, 13:42

Luckily for me I will get to see them at the Hurricane Festival here in Germany, weekend of 17-19 June - can't wait to hear the new stuff 8-)
rovers95

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 05 Jun 2011, 21:08

Haven't checked YouTube yet, but will be seeing them Tuesday night :D
Will try and get some decent videos, depends how close we are to the stage. Did anyone read the NME magazine piece on them? Sounds like it's gonna be a pretty awesome album!
brekkieMONKEY

Postby marcmelrose » 06 Jun 2011, 16:29

My close mates band supported them in sheffield on saturday and manchester this week. Called the modern faces, check them out.

PS Kasabian open with club foot, probally the best set opener ever (well maybe behind rock and roll star).

* Link to modern faces soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/modernfaces
marcmelrose

Postby angkaz1 » 07 Jun 2011, 17:55

I went to Sheffield travelling from south London and they were brilliant the place was mental the new tracks were really good velicaraptor wasn't to sure of it first but after hearing it you can't get it out of your head but switchblade smile is going to be the new single and I think best one for a while going to iow on Friday so well just can't wait :mrgreen:
angkaz1

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 07 Jun 2011, 23:27

Just got back from Kasabian. What a band! Seriously, it's my third time seeing them, and they sounded better than ever. Loved the new songs, especially velociraptor! Plus Tom wrapped his arms round Serge at the end and kissed him! :mrgreen:What more could you ask for?! Great night. 8-)Second only to Beady Eye.
brekkieMONKEY

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 07 Jun 2011, 23:37

Just need to add, Kasabian's fourth album is called "Velociraptor!" according to NME.com. Great choice, the song was great tonight! :D
brekkieMONKEY

Postby angkaz1 » 08 Jun 2011, 01:14

So did the place go mental I suspect it did .Switchblade smiles got first play on zane Lowe he does my head in but done done some cracking remixes before playing switchblade the live version is better but what cracker I ordered the album and you get switchblade as download so most played song now hope they bring it out on vinyl :D:D:P
angkaz1

Postby bobaap » 08 Jun 2011, 16:57

angkaz1 wrote:So did the place go mental I suspect it did .Switchblade smiles got first play on zane Lowe he does my head in but done done some cracking remixes before playing switchblade the live version is better but what cracker I ordered the album and you get switchblade as download so most played song now hope they bring it out on vinyl :D:D:P

Leeds was more than mental mate,they nearly blew the fuckin roof off,went to see beady eye at same venue and even as a major fan, Kasabian was probably the best thing iv ever seen,including oasis gigs.
Sorry to the bold bloke I kept elbowin through fire,the crowd went wild when this was played at the end,lol
Truly awesome,
bobaap

Postby angkaz1 » 08 Jun 2011, 17:25

The thing is when you go to see KASABIAN you go expecting to be elbowed ,trod on , and what you hope is beer being chucked over you, can't wait for the main tour now which hoping be around October ish as the album comes out in September ,fxxxing can't wait for that
angkaz1

Postby brekkieMONKEY » 11 Jun 2011, 22:12

Kasabian are one of the, if not THE best live band ever. Love em. Wolves Civic went mad, as usual! Can't wait for the album. I just hope that Beady Eye will have as much success as Kasabian in the future.

Don't miss them both on the Isle of Wight festival, being shown on Sky Arts tomorrow from 10pm. :)
brekkieMONKEY

Return to All Things General