Arctic Monkeys - 2011

Arctic Monkeys - 2011

Postby marcmelrose » 17 May 2011, 02:02

Arctic monkeys first two albums were amazing, remind me of being under age and drinking down the park listening to them with everyone. Became disillusioned with them after their third album BUT now... New stuff is mind blowing. Cant stop listening to it and definately going to be the best festival band this year! Anyone else got an opinion on it?
marcmelrose

Re: Arctic Monkeys - 2011

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 02:31

Are you my twin?! I feel exactly the same way. It remind me of when me and my mates were going out drinking and listening to music from iPod docks! Th first 2 albums were mega in my opinion. The 3rd album was fuckin' awful in my opinion. I'm looking forward to 'Suck It And See', all the new material we have heard is sounding great man!
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 03:01

Yeah, sound of my youth too. We used to alternate between 'Whatever People Say...' and 'Full Clip - A Decade of Gang Starr' when we used to skate in this abandoned warehouse in Bath, we just played it from some shitty iPod speakers but it was great still.

I'm not even 19 yet, but where did all the good times go eh? :lol:

I do like Humbug though! There are some top tunes on there, but yeah, SIAS is looking like a return to the old days and I can't wait.
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 03:05

JackWMS wrote:Yeah, sound of my youth too. We used to alternate between 'Whatever People Say...' and 'Full Clip - A Decade of Gang Starr' when we used to skate in this abandoned warehouse in Bath, we just played it from some shitty iPod speakers but it was great still.

I do like Humbug though! There are some top tunes on there, but yeah, SIAS is looking like a return to the old days and I can't wait.

Haha I'm 16, 17 on July! I thought you were a right older guy Jack haha. Got Twitter/Facebook?

Yeah the Arctic Monkeys will hopefully tear up the charts with their new album. Can't wait to see them at T in The Park.

They've won back another fan!!
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 03:53

MBywalec wrote:
JackWMS wrote:Yeah, sound of my youth too. We used to alternate between 'Whatever People Say...' and 'Full Clip - A Decade of Gang Starr' when we used to skate in this abandoned warehouse in Bath, we just played it from some shitty iPod speakers but it was great still.

Haha I'm 16, 17 on July! I thought you were a right older guy Jack haha. Got Twitter/Facebook?

Yeah the Arctic Monkeys will hopefully tear up the charts with their new album. Can't wait to see them at T in The Park.

They've won back another fan!!

Haha, My b-day is in July too :)

I do as it goes, although I do not use it. I used it for about a year then went on a friend deletation mission and got rid of 90% of people on there :lol:I only really use it to contact a few good mates and stick my photos up there. By all means though you can have the link http://www.facebook.com/madgwickstaveley

Riveting stuff right there..... :lol:

Did you get a copy of Don't Sit Down by the way?
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 04:04

2nd July for me!

Oh right I sent ya a friend request anyway, would be useful if I ever need to chat to you about records etc.

I did, £4.99 from Banquet Records :D
MBywalec

• Website

Postby Lobsters1 » 17 May 2011, 04:17

Aw, you crazy English youngsters with yer Arctic Monkeys! I'd give up being American if I could be as young as you. But The Arctic Monkeys are great. I listen to them while remembering the Old Days with the Buzzcocks and The Undertones. Then I wake up on the floor with the cat sitting on my head. But do Monkeys in the Arctic have bananas? I'll host a Telethon if they need help. But seriously, Folks, Arctic Monkeys are one excellent band!
Lobsters1

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 05:15

MBywalec wrote:2nd July for me!

Oh right I sent ya a friend request anyway, would be useful if I ever need to chat to you about records etc.

I did, £4.99 from Banquet Records :D

Good price. I'm the right one for any vinyl talk too ;)

You have a good taste in music I might add, and football team :)
JackWMS

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 07:21

Lobsters1 wrote:Aw, you crazy English youngsters!

Oh yeah, and you might want to change that to British ;)
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 11:51

JackWMS wrote:

Yeah!! Without us Scots you wouldn't have Primal Scream or Oasis!

TO Jack: thanks ;)ONE NEIL LENNON.
MBywalec

• Website

Postby Lobsters1 » 17 May 2011, 12:03

Sorry, Gentlemen. In the future I shall refer you as "Crazy British Or Scottish Youngsters" (Capital Y).

I was just listening to a Crazy British Or Scottish Youngster Band called Let's Wrestle. The Internet is a Miracle.

Here in America rioting has broke out over the announcement that the "Family Guy" b*****d is remaking "The Flintstones". I blew up a cop car with a Molotov Cocktail and looted a Pet Shop.
Lobsters1

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 12:52

Lobsters1 wrote:Sorry, Gentlemen. In the future I shall refer you as "Crazy British Or Scottish Youngsters" (Capital Y).

I was just listening to a Crazy British Or Scottish Youngster Band called Let's Wrestle. The Internet is a Miracle.

Here in America rioting has broke out over the announcement that the "Family Guy" b*****d is remaking "The Flintstones". I blew up a cop car with a Molotov Cocktail and looted a Pet Shop.

Hahaha that's better! ;)

My US friend is in a band called Neon. They're pretty good, you can listen to their album here: http://neonmusic.bandcamp.com/album/if-it-was
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 13:42

MBywalec wrote:
JackWMS wrote:

or U2!!!

:lol:Joking! Jesus & Mary Chain though, that is worth a mention. Fraz Ferdinand, Cocteau Twins and Teenage Fanclub are all very good also.
JackWMS

Postby joe90 » 17 May 2011, 13:45

yeah man i was a little dissapointed with the second there was a fair few fillers on it but still quite good the third is shocking i dont know how anyone can like more than 3 songs from it almost lost complete faith bu there new album is great ive had it for about 3 weeks now i havnt stopped listenening to it its nice and poppy in places im defo buying it when it comes out aswell. if you get chance check out a song called 'Hellcat Spangled' gets better everytime i hear it
joe90

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 13:47

JackWMS wrote:
MBywalec wrote:
JackWMS wrote:

or U2!!!

:lol:Joking! Jesus & Mary Chain though, that is worth a mention. Fraz Ferdinand, Cocteau Twins and Teenage Fanclub are all very good also.

Haha I never new Franz Ferdinand was Scottish! Big fan as well!
MBywalec

• Website

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 13:48

joe90 wrote:yeah man i was a little dissapointed with the second there was a fair few fillers on it but still quite good the third is shocking i dont know how anyone can like more than 3 songs from it almost lost complete faith bu there new album is great ive had it for about 3 weeks now i havnt stopped listenening to it its nice and poppy in places im defo buying it when it comes out aswell. if you get chance check out a song called 'Hellcat Spangled' gets better everytime i hear it

Where did you get the album from 3 weeks ago?

I've listened to that song live at Radio 1's Big Weekend, mega tune.
MBywalec

• Website

Postby mirrorboxer » 17 May 2011, 14:34

Is this the thread for July birthdays? 19th for me.

AM first 2 were great, but Humbug is really top notch. That's easily my favorite by far. Maybe it's because I have an ear for all things Homme. Maybe it's just their best work to date. But, my expectations for Suck It is through the roof. I've got the LP and 10" preordered from Domino hoping for the patch. Can't wait.
mirrorboxer

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 14:56

mirrorboxer wrote:Is this the thread for July birthdays? 19th for me.

AM first 2 were great, but Humbug is really top notch. .

I'm on the 14th, nicccccce!

So glad someone else likes Humbug, not as good as their debut but I reckon better than their 2nd. Humbug is such a treat when you finally get through to it, yeah their classic sound and wit is a little hidden... but it's still all there.

''With folded arms you occupy the bench like toothache''

''If I could be someone else for a week, I'd spend it chasing after you''

All the B-sides from Humbug were top tunes too. Turner cannot write a bad song ( although their is literally only ONE AM I don't like, including B-sides), he has so much talent for such a young age and I'm glad that people recognise it, even Weller and both Gallagher's have admitted in a sort of self indulgent way that he has been on fire for the last 5 years :lol:
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 15:21

JackWMS wrote:
mirrorboxer wrote:Is this the thread for July birthdays? 19th for me.

AM first 2 were great, but Humbug is really top notch. .

I'm on the 14th, nicccccce!

So glad someone else likes Humbug, not as good as their debut but I reckon better than their 2nd. Humbug is such a treat when you finally get through to it, yeah their classic sound and wit is a little hidden... but it's still all there.

''With folded arms you occupy the bench like toothache''

''If I could be someone else for a week, I'd spend it chasing after you''

All the B-sides from Humbug were top tunes too. Turner cannot write a bad song ( although their is literally only ONE AM I don't like, including B-sides), he has so much talent for such a young age and I'm glad that people recognise it, even Weller and both Gallagher's have admitted in a sort of self indulgent way that he has been on fire for the last 5 years :lol:

Their performance at Radio 1's Big Weekend was top class as well. His voice really is golden! It was funny when it was at the lyric 'kung-fu fighting' and he don't a kung-fu fighting stance! As well as 'do the macarena' lyrics he done the macarena haha what a lad.

Edit: Also, I put up the Starbucks Pick of the Week download card for The Roller on http://mbywalec.me/beadyeye
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 17 May 2011, 16:44

Yeah they are sounded good.

They were good on Jools the other night, all new tunes too. I hope they stay in the UK to write the next album, we need another British album off 'em, they were the best 'kitchen-sink-band' to come about in ages.
JackWMS

Postby Lobsters1 » 17 May 2011, 20:24

I'm glad you fellows have accepted my apology for calling you "English" rather than the correct "British". Or "Scotts". I take that matter seriously because I have come to the conclusion that you have much much better Bands over than we have here in America. All we've got going for ourselves here is an endless series of solo CD from the guy who used to be in Guided By Voices. They're usually very good but he puts one out every two or three hours and I can't afford to spend one hundred and eighty dollars a day on Music. Everybody in America but me was very excited about the new Strokes CD but two or three days after it came out everybody was walking around pretending that it never happened. I was smart - I got the Beady Eye CD and was the only man in America who could get up to go to work in the morning. Americans don't know anything about Rock And Roll - They've never even heard of The Fall!! I mentioned Jarvis Cocker once and when they found out it wasn't Joe Cocker I was talking about everybody got really annoyed. Nothing but Tom Petty and that damn Bruce Springsteen over here. They're all waiting for Aerosmith to put out a new CD to make them all happy, how's that for Hopelessness? There seems to be some anticipation for the Noel Gallagher CD because Noel is "The one who wrote the songs" and that makes him "respectable".But Liam was "The crazy Lead Singer" so the Beady Eye CD has about as much cultural cache as a David Lee Roth CD. Boy, is it lame over here. But that last Cheap Trick album was good.
Lobsters1

Postby MBywalec » 17 May 2011, 20:45

Lobsters1 wrote:I'm glad you fellows have accepted my apology for calling you "English" rather than the correct "British". Or "Scotts". I take that matter seriously because I have come to the conclusion that you have much much better Bands over than we have here in America. All we've got going for ourselves here is an endless series of solo CD from the guy who used to be in Guided By Voices. They're usually very good but he puts one out every two or three hours and I can't afford to spend one hundred and eighty dollars a day on Music. Everybody in America but me was very excited about the new Strokes CD but two or three days after it came out everybody was walking around pretending that it never happened. I was smart - I got the Beady Eye CD and was the only man in America who could get up to go to work in the morning. Americans don't know anything about Rock And Roll - They've never even heard of The Fall!! I mentioned Jarvis Cocker once and when they found out it wasn't Joe Cocker I was talking about everybody got really annoyed. Nothing but Tom Petty and that damn Bruce Springsteen over here. They're all waiting for Aerosmith to put out a new CD to make them all happy, how's that for Hopelessness? There seems to be some anticipation for the Noel Gallagher CD because Noel is "The one who wrote the songs" and that makes him "respectable".But Liam was "The crazy Lead Singer" so the Beady Eye CD has about as much cultural cache as a David Lee Roth CD. Boy, is it lame over here. But that last Cheap Trick album was good.

"Scotts"? IT'S F*CKIN' "SCOTS"!!! Pffft just kidding ;)

Us Brits are pretty fuckin' awesome yeah :/

Also, do you guys know that Suck It And See has leaked?
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 18 May 2011, 01:19

MBywalec wrote:

Yeah, the UK is great. I'd do anything to live there again. As s**t as it is sometimes, they place is still fascinating.

I did not, I don't know whether to DL it or not, I waited for DGSS after the leak... but this is a bit different. I dunno...... Have you?
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 18 May 2011, 01:27

JackWMS wrote:
MBywalec wrote:

Yeah, the UK is great. I'd do anything to live there again. As s**t as it is sometimes, they place is still fascinating.

I did not, I don't know whether to DL it or not, I waited for DGSS after the leak... but this is a bit different. I dunno...... Have you?

I got DGSS early then deleted it when I got my CD so I could rip at 320kbps! I did indeed. Mega album, I'm loving it! I've got it pre-ordered from AM.com so hopefully I get the limited edition patch!
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 18 May 2011, 01:32

MBywalec wrote:
JackWMS wrote:
MBywalec wrote:

I got DGSS early then deleted it when I got my CD so I could rip at 320kbps! I did indeed. Mega album, I'm loving it! I've got it pre-ordered from AM.com so hopefully I get the limited edition patch!

It's so tempting, especially seeing as it's still nearly 4 weeks away. But I'll wait for a while....
JackWMS

Next

Return to All Things General