Arctic Monkeys - 2011

Re: Arctic Monkeys - 2011

Postby MBywalec » 18 May 2011, 01:33

JackWMS wrote:
MBywalec wrote:
JackWMS wrote:
MBywalec wrote:
"Scotts"? IT'S F*CKIN' "SCOTS"!!! Pffft just kidding ;)

Us Brits are pretty fuckin' awesome yeah :/

Also, do you guys know that Suck It And See has leaked?

Yeah, the UK is great. I'd do anything to live there again. As s**t as it is sometimes, they place is still fascinating.

I did not, I don't know whether to DL it or not, I waited for DGSS after the leak... but this is a bit different. I dunno...... Have you?

I got DGSS early then deleted it when I got my CD so I could rip at 320kbps! I did indeed. Mega album, I'm loving it! I've got it pre-ordered from AM.com so hopefully I get the limited edition patch!

It's so tempting, especially seeing as it's still nearly 4 weeks away. But I'll wait for a while....

I feel for ya! I'll be listening to it for the next 4 weeks straight! ;)
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 18 May 2011, 01:37

:lol: You p***k.

I hope you enjoy. I will probably crumble tomorrow though and just go for it, I'll still buy it and all of the singles when they come out :)
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 18 May 2011, 01:45

JackWMS wrote::lol: You p***k.

I hope you enjoy. I will probably crumble tomorrow though and just go for it, I'll still buy it and all of the singles when they come out :)

Yeah it's not really that bad if you buy it all when it is officially released.

Also, it's internally leaked anyway for free advertisement and publicity.
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 18 May 2011, 08:02

Fair play, I may still hold out though. I'll see how it goes.

What do you reckon of it, can in compete with their first one?
JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 18 May 2011, 18:19

JackWMS wrote:Fair play, I may still hold out though. I'll see how it goes.

What do you reckon of it, can in compete with their first one?

Take the plunge!

I really do think it's a mega album! It's back to what I think of Arctic Monkeys. Great lead in the songs, fast tempo songs like their original stuff and his vocals are just sheer class just now.
MBywalec

• Website

Postby rovers95 » 18 May 2011, 18:53

Can't f^%kin wait for this album to come out - have got the 7" & 10" of DSDCIMYC pre-ordered and the LP too (I'm also hoping for that free patch :lol: !)
What I REALLY can't wait for though, is June 10th - when I will be at Don Valley Bowl to see em with Miles Kane and Vaccines :mrgreen: And then a week after that all 3 of em are playing the Hurricane Festival!!!! Fckin Brilliant, will be the 7th & 8th times of seeing AM for me 8-)

And they just keep gettin better and better - but the best time for me was the Sunday gig at the LCCC in Jul 07, crazy day, loadsa tracks off 1st album and an amazing light show!!!
rovers95

Postby MBywalec » 18 May 2011, 19:00

rovers95 wrote:Can't f^%kin wait for this album to come out - have got the 7" & 10" of DSDCIMYC pre-ordered and the LP too (I'm also hoping for that free patch :lol: !)
What I REALLY can't wait for though, is June 10th - when I will be at Don Valley Bowl to see em with Miles Kane and Vaccines :mrgreen: And then a week after that all 3 of em are playing the Hurricane Festival!!!! Fckin Brilliant, will be the 7th & 8th times of seeing AM for me 8-)

And they just keep gettin better and better - but the best time for me was the Sunday gig at the LCCC in Jul 07, crazy day, loadsa tracks off 1st album and an amazing light show!!!

Can't wait for T in The Park - Beady Eye, Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane, Primal Scream, Manics, The View etc... ;)

I'm only buying the RSD version of DSDCIMYC since it's B-side is Brick by Brick. Not fond of the 7" and 10" artwork either.
MBywalec

• Website

Postby rovers95 » 18 May 2011, 19:12

Yeah T looks like like a really strong line up this year as well - and like the Hurricane Festival, the line up pisses all over Reading (even tho BE are playin there!)

Yeah the artwork isn't all that great for the single but I just HAVE to get them, cos I have everything else vinyl they've released in UK, AND the B-sides are likely to be belters, looking forward to "I.D.S.T" and "Blonde-o-sonic shimmer trap"! They'll have to be great choons, to come anywhere near "Death Ramps" or "What If You Were Right First Time?" tho!
rovers95

Postby JackWMS » 19 May 2011, 00:04

All their B-sides are great :D

The artwork for the 7" is different to the 10" which I really like seeing as I'll be buying both. I still haven't seen them though, I really need to when they come to Australia next!
JackWMS

Postby JackWMS » 19 May 2011, 00:10

Image 7"
Image 10"
JackWMS

Postby mirrorboxer » 19 May 2011, 16:42

You know, I emailed Domino about the different artwork thinking it might be a mistake and they are the same, but I've been waiting for a fortnight with no response. Can anyone say with an certaintly that the 7" and 10" do in fact have different artwork?
mirrorboxer

Postby JackWMS » 20 May 2011, 00:44

I'd assume they are different, that is the way they are on the site and why wouldn't it be so. They are both similar designs just with different colouring and silhouette, The only other thing I could think of is that they were two possibilities for sleeves and they accidentally put both up instead of the final one.

Unfortunately I have to wait about a week after release dat for my record store to get hold of them :( But still, the B-side will be online before then :D
JackWMS

Postby joe90 » 20 May 2011, 20:36

MBywalec wrote:
joe90 wrote:yeah man i was a little dissapointed with the second there was a fair few fillers on it but still quite good the third is shocking i dont know how anyone can like more than 3 songs from it almost lost complete faith bu there new album is great ive had it for about 3 weeks now i havnt stopped listenening to it its nice and poppy in places im defo buying it when it comes out aswell. if you get chance check out a song called 'Hellcat Spangled' gets better everytime i hear it

Where did you get the album from 3 weeks ago?

I've listened to that song live at Radio 1's Big Weekend, mega tune.

my mate jamie is on the arctic monkeys forum and there was a leak but it got took down fairly quick, id send u a few tracks but there all rar files or sumet like that and im not very technical dont have a clue how to get them on me itunes, but tbh all the songs worth metioning are on youtube like liver performances but still a quality album.
joe90

Postby MBywalec » 21 May 2011, 00:28

joe90 wrote:
MBywalec wrote:
joe90 wrote:yeah man i was a little dissapointed with the second there was a fair few fillers on it but still quite good the third is shocking i dont know how anyone can like more than 3 songs from it almost lost complete faith bu there new album is great ive had it for about 3 weeks now i havnt stopped listenening to it its nice and poppy in places im defo buying it when it comes out aswell. if you get chance check out a song called 'Hellcat Spangled' gets better everytime i hear it

Where did you get the album from 3 weeks ago?

I've listened to that song live at Radio 1's Big Weekend, mega tune.

my mate jamie is on the arctic monkeys forum and there was a leak but it got took down fairly quick, id send u a few tracks but there all rar files or sumet like that and im not very technical dont have a clue how to get them on me itunes, but tbh all the songs worth metioning are on youtube like liver performances but still a quality album.

Yeah man I got the download, fuckin' ace album. I've really taken to it!
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 21 May 2011, 01:28

only 2 weeks to wait now... Still resisted. f**king hard though!

Can any AM fans and collectors help me out with the Matador/DA Frame2R 7". This thing is meant to be limited to only 1000 to give UK fans the chance to own the Japanese bonus tracks from FWN, yet they have never sold out and you can still get them for £3.50. They should be rarer than the RSD one but even that went for £20+ right at the begging, is there any confirmation that it is limited at all?!

Looking at you Rovers ;) :)
JackWMS

Postby mirrorboxer » 21 May 2011, 13:29

Jack: My opinion on this is very simple. Record labels will state how limited something is going to be and then change their mind to keep in print and serve the masses. Whether this is a label or band decision I don't know but I think this fall squarely into this luxurious evil. It happens all the time. BTW, did you know the Tame Impala LP was originally slated to have a run of only 500. When it sold like mad, they kept pressing it. To be fair and honest, I bought this AM 7" long after it should have been OOP so I'm not complaining one iota.
mirrorboxer

Postby JackWMS » 21 May 2011, 14:27

Yeah I reckon, shame eh? Although I also didn't buy it until much later.

On the note of Tame Impala they have kept on pressing them but the new ones run at 33rmp where as the first ran at 45rpm... or so I have been told. I own a second pressing only (it came with a free Solitude Is Bliss 12" though :D )but will try and get one of the originals sometime.
Last edited by JackWMS on 23 May 2011, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
JackWMS

Postby JackWMS » 26 May 2011, 01:57

B-Sides anyone? Oh yeah!

Blonde-o-Sonic Shimmer Trap

'Brick by Brick 2.0' apparently.
JackWMS

Postby JackWMS » 26 May 2011, 01:58

B-Sides anyone? Oh yeah!

JackWMS

Postby MBywalec » 26 May 2011, 02:14

JackWMS wrote:B-Sides anyone? Oh yeah!

Yeah, no way is that 'Brick by Brick 2.0’. 2.0 would imply that it is an alternative version or something.

That song is definitely called 'IDST' haha :P
MBywalec

• Website

Postby JackWMS » 26 May 2011, 12:00

'2.0' is what Alex called it in an interview, saying it was just a solid Rock 'n' Roll track with quite irrelevant lyrics, I can see that a bit. Blonde-O-Sonic is such a tune though.

I like the way they are releasing the heavier single with some more rocking B-Sides but from what I've heard most of the album is more pop orientated. I cannot wait to hear the album and the remaining B-sides from the other singles, I hope we get some odd balls like they always chuck on for a bit of a change.
JackWMS

Postby marcmelrose » 27 May 2011, 01:34

Jeeeez hadn't been on the forum for ages and seen loads of people had commented on my thread.

Scarily enough my birthdays july the 6th haha weirddd!!

Im scottish to the person that reffered to us as crazy englishmen... Back to the topic of the thread, after the jools holland performance I fell back in love with the arctic monkeys and since watching that i have listened to them constantly almost to the extent of my DGSS listening when it first came out! Really excited to seeing them at T in the park and will definately be going to the scottish leg of their tour when that happens.
marcmelrose

Postby rovers95 » 27 May 2011, 08:03

JackWMS wrote:Image 7"
Image 10"

Hey Jack, I received both of these YESTERDAY from my local German record shop - 4 days before official release (I just love ze Germans and the way the shops do business :lol: ) And I can confirm that both sleeves are different, both have "Artic Monkeys" logo stickers on em, just like the album will have to. LOVE "Blond-o-sonic..." and "I.D.S.T." has a late 70's early punk feel to it?

Well done Turner, yet again you've produced some quality B-sides, ala Oasis 8-)

By the way, maybe the whole "Matador" 7" has different matrix etchings, to differentiate between the original pressings (which I bought when they 1st came out) and these later ones? But yeah, it does piss me off when they say things are "limited" and then they produce shed loads :twisted:

TTFN folks, am off to Antwerp to watch Roger Waters "The Wall Live" today, back tomorrow :D Bring on the Belgian beer and let's "Tear down the Wall" :lol:
rovers95

Postby JackWMS » 27 May 2011, 11:20

Nice! I will have to get the pair now to feel complete :lol:

Also the album comes out in a week so I reckon I'll wait, get that and then next time I have a bit of cash get the singles. I just paid for a gig ticket to see The Hives and am saving for a Pulp ticket too, both bands are playing within two days of each other, not convenient for my wallet. I can't wait for the album though I must get that as soon as possible, I've held out from downloading it so it'll be all the more important.

On the note of Matador, I reckon your right. They probably just kept on pressing them, Still it's a great track and I love Alex's little rap-like vocals at the end, also DaFrame2R is such a f**king song. On that track Alex's lyrics are some of the best in my opinion, that bit with Matt is classic at the end.

''They sneered and sniffed and spat at my chat up lines,
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard
But not for this kid,
Not when they come to you.''

Sheer brilliance :)
JackWMS

Postby mirrorboxer » 27 May 2011, 15:37

Wonderful...Knowing there are two different covers, now I'll need to order the 7" to round out the set :ugeek:

I got an email from 11spot the other day saying a package was being sent but not what was included, so I'm assuming it's my LP and 10". Fingers crossed for delivery today or Saturday.

Re: the Matador 7"...I'm actually a bit peeved that there is a barcode sticker over the Bside label. Anyone else have this? I may have to pick up a second copy just so I don't have a "defect" anymore. I'll check my matrix numbers and post them here for comparison.
mirrorboxer

PreviousNext

Return to All Things General