THE '10' Albums.

THE '10' Albums.

Postby JackWMS » 20 Mar 2011, 00:42

I was thinking the other day about how much of a state music was at the moment, it's shocking. The Bieber came on the telly and I though: If I could just give him 10 records that he'd have to lock himself in a room with and listen to none stop for a week, then maybe he'd rethink his entire career or just do us all a favour and end his own useless life.

Then I thought of my 10 albums and had to make it 15 hahaha, This isn't my favourites at all... just 15 albums that best represent music (all based upon genres I like though).

The Beatles - Revolver ''Where it starts for me, Yeah records were made before, but come on... this!''
The Kinks are the Village Green..''If the UK is the heart of music, you cannot forget the most British record ever.''
The Stooges - Funhouse ''An album that if made in the right environment would have seen punk born 6 years early, Instead we waited until 70's''
David Bowie - Aladin Sane ''Sheer glam perfection''
New York Dolls - New York Dolls ''Glam perfection with badly played Stones guitars, Punk? FuckYeah!''
Toots & Maytals - Funky Kingston ''Reggae is great, Hasn't evolved much but this record's where it's at. you try not to smile whilst it's playing!
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks ''Nothing before, nothing after, has ever been so revolutionary in music. No explanation needed really.''
The Clash - London Calling ''When punks learnt how to play!''
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation... ''Hip-Hop has fucked music up but 79-90's it was a great genre''
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead ''The Smiths, Wonderful tunes, great guitar and Morissey.....''
Primal Scream - Screamadelica ''The true genre mashing album,Dance/rock/rave/dub in one massive dose of happiness''
Oasis - Definitely Maybe ''Rock 'n Roll like we hadn't seen in far too long, Working class had a voice''
The Libertines - Up the Bracket ''Rock 'n Roll 100%, Amazing sound''
The Streets - Original Pirate Material ''An urban poet, Lyrics kids can relate to again and a real sense of DIY
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say...''Only if you could mash The Libs sound and Streets lyrics... WAIT here it is, One of my favourites ever and one of the only genuinely exciting music experiences I have witnessed. No record collection should be without!

It brakes my heart to leave a few albums out, but in my mind that sums up nearly 45 years of (my) popular music.

Fancy a go?
JackWMS

Return to All Things Fans