the pink tele???

the pink tele???

Postby shameless80 » 02 Mar 2011, 10:29

Watching the kill for a dream video live from Abbey road i see the pink telecaster has made an appearance. I'm assuming its the same one used on the standing on the shoulders tour later to have its scratch plate changed to be used on guess god thinks im able live. I always thought it was noels guitar though. Can anyone with an eye for these things confirm if it is or not?

i find the whole thing of noel not being close to the guys as a bit of a story. Just think they all wanted time off to then come back for a zillion dollars to play a week residency at Knebworth.
shameless80

Re: the pink tele???

Postby Northern Wizard » 02 Mar 2011, 13:31

It looks to me like a Pink Paisley Tele...just google pink paisley tele!

or see below!...obv Gems has a white scratchplate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-52LQCmxmc
Northern Wizard

Postby Heavy_Stereo » 04 Mar 2011, 02:23

Not the same Pink Tele Noel had. Gem always had a white pickguard on his. Noel always had a clear pickguard. Check out Go Let It Out on Familiar to Millions to see Noel's. During the Nashville show during the DBTT tour, both Noel and Gem used a Pink Paisley for GGTIA encore. Noel's was a early 1980's Japanese reissue. Gem's original was also an early 80's reissue, but it looks as if now he is using a genuine vintage tele. The pink is so much lighter. I have owned 2 of these, and I must say, they are probably the worst playing but best sounding guitars I have ever seen or played. I would not advise buying one. I just sold my 2nd one on ebay. I actually had the pleasure of quickly strumming Gem's Paisley Tele at one point. Also, this can be seen on Weller's acoustic tour as Gem's main electric. These guitars have been my obsession for years.
Heavy_Stereo

Postby shameless80 » 04 Mar 2011, 15:53

cheers heavy stereo..

even though now im even more confused as the youtube live video of gbtia sees them both using pink teles with white scratch plates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcLIj6xMb24

oh what it would be like to be that rich!!!
shameless80

Postby lengle1981 » 04 Mar 2011, 20:32

anyone know of any copies of this guitar. i remember a few years ago they were £399 for a reissue one but not anymore. thought tokai may have done a good copy of it but doesnt seem like they have
lengle1981

Postby Tavs_Enderleit » 25 Mar 2011, 11:11

Noel and Gem's pink paisleys aren't cheap japan re-issues, had a video interview with Noel once where he claimed it was his favourite guitar of all, and i really don't think with all his great old gibsons and stuff, a japanese re-issue would be his first choice.. I had a Pink Paisley crafted in japan once, and the colour is much more light than a original one from the 60ies..

Original from the 60ies:

Re-Issue:

-Tavs
Tavs_Enderleit

Postby Northern Wizard » 25 Mar 2011, 13:35

There's really not that much difference between Crafted in Japan tele's and American Reissue versions. Certainly not build quality wise. I had a CIJ 62 Reissue Custom and it looked, played AND sounded equal to any American I tried. Literally NO difference at all except £600 odd quid Vs in excess of £1,200

I now own a Tokai LS80 Les Paul Copy. This is also equal to a Gibson Les Paul Standard in my opinion and again at half the price. Don't be fooled by the so called 'proper' makes. The Japanese are meticulous build quality and as long as they are specc'd with quality hardware then they are more than equal to the Americans.

Don't confuse the jap builders with other eastern production shops though, i.e indonesia and especially china

obviously if you have money to burn then get the gibsons and USA fenders, but remember you're paying for the name not getting twice the guitar!
Northern Wizard

Postby Tavs_Enderleit » 26 Mar 2011, 11:20

I'm just stating the obvious... and the colours don't match a re-issue..

Don't get me wrong, i've had a lot of great Crafted in japan fenders and they were all really good.
Tavs_Enderleit

Postby whitesebastian » 07 Jul 2011, 14:07

I'm sure I heard an interview with Noel saying it used to be Weller's, as well as the white Rickenbacker.
whitesebastian

Return to All Things Gear