Oasis To Reform Next Year?????

Oasis To Reform Next Year?????

Postby Digital Man » 07 Mar 2011, 23:19

Would Liam and the other guys lie to us about this? A friend of mine who knows local promoters very well told me that they told him that Beady Eye was a big scam and that Oasis would definitely be back next year.

I personally doubt it and i take what my mate told me as gospel but i think the promoters were telling him porkies. Then again both Gallagher's have told many a lie over the years.
Digital Man

Re: Oasis To Reform Next Year?????

Postby Siegfried_Ulrich » 08 Mar 2011, 10:49

NO! Beady Eye are going to make the Soundtrack to the movie "the last cocktailparty" and they will start doing that next year. I have to admit, that i would really be pissed, if Liam and Noel reunite. Oasis is past and we have their albumes so let the future be Beady Eye, which in my ears, is a fresher and better band, because they try stuff, that Oasis would never have done.
Beady Eye and Noel should make their records and let Oasis rest, as one of the best bands UK ever had.
Siegfried_Ulrich

Postby Cheese » 08 Mar 2011, 10:51

Cant see that. I dont think its a scam. I think they genuinely fell out, but I do still think theyll reform at some point.

Its a big culture shock for Liam, it must be, remeber hes a frontman, so hes gotta be very self obsessed and a ego maniac, and very used to albums streaking to no1, selling out the big stadiums, singles making the top 5 , and beady eye for some reason arent acheiving that. Which not many new bands do but Bead6y eye arent a new band as such are they? Theyre Oasis without Noel simple as, theyre already established etc.

Despite what liam says I reckon hes gutted the singles didnt chart better and the album didnt make no1. It doesnt matter cos the albums mega, but at the end of the day his ego will be dented, i think hes a lot more vulnerable than you think, noel was always saying how insecure he was about his tunes etc.

so based on that a reunion is surely gonna happen at some point.
Cheese

Postby JackWMS » 08 Mar 2011, 12:15

Cheese wrote:. Which not many new bands do but Bead6y eye arent a new band as such are they? Theyre Oasis without Noel simple as, theyre already established etc.

I keep thinking this every time someone say 'Well they are a new band'' or ''Supersonic only reached 31 in the beginning'', Nah bollocks, Liam is one of the best known frontmen in history therefore they are not new like Oasis were in '94, simple. Look at The Age of The Understatement, no-one said ''who is this Turner bloke? and what's this band about?''... no they went ''very famous 'rock star' makes side project'' which is no different to this.

They are new in the way that it's a new band name, new style and new outlook on things but at the end of the day the members have had way too much press to be considered 100% new and developing. So yeah, to be honest I reckon 31 for their top charting single and UK3 for the Album is a bit of a bummer, we all know Liam and the lads deserve A LOT more, but that's just the way it is! :|
JackWMS

Postby Cheese » 08 Mar 2011, 14:00

also if they did make friends again theres absolutely no reason why they couldnt have Oasis, and liam still do stuff with Beady eye and noel do solo stuff, why not. I always thought Liam overreacted when noel first mentioned solo stuff.

i mean, how good would it be if we had Oasis stuff, then noel goes to bed for 3 years, in which time we have a beady eye album, and an odd solo album here and there from Noel?

If Oasis did re unite though their labum would have be be different, as I often say it woul;d be time to get that lost death in vegas produced album out, different sound no beatles 60's references, something completely diffetrent, if they did it would be massive!! f**king space age rock n roll!!!

never happen. :cry:
Cheese

Postby Digital Man » 08 Mar 2011, 20:19

If given the choice between Oasis or Beady Eye then Oasis win everytime, personally i'd like to see Oasis do gigs in the future with Whitey on Drums and Bonehead and Guigsy back in, maybe not full time but i'd love to see the Morning Glory line up play gigs again.

The Beady Eye album to me anyway is probably very close to what the next Oasis album would've sounded like minus Noel's songs but either way it's a reasonable stab at a 1st album.

It's time Noel got the finger out and let the world know his plans musically. He told talksport that he hasn't written anything or made no plans yet Alan Mcghee claims he's heard the tracks and they're amazing.

I'd prefer Noel to be part of a band rather than as a solo artist but we'll just have to wait and see.
Digital Man

Postby Cheese » 09 Mar 2011, 17:14

Waht alwaya bugs me thiough is hiow amazing the last few Oasis albums would be if gem andy and liam tunes were as good as the ones from DGSS or indeed those exact tunes, get rid of aint got nothin and nature of reality etc for the likes of the roller, four letter word, the beat goes on
Cheese

Postby Digital Man » 30 Mar 2011, 04:01

Siegfried_Ulrich wrote:NO! Beady Eye are going to make the Soundtrack to the movie "the last cocktailparty" and they will start doing that next year. I have to admit, that i would really be pissed, if Liam and Noel reunite. Oasis is past and we have their albumes so let the future be Beady Eye, which in my ears, is a fresher and better band, because they try stuff, that Oasis would never have done.
Beady Eye and Noel should make their records and let Oasis rest, as one of the best bands UK ever had.

What a load of bollocks, Oasis are the best band the UK has ever spawned and Beady Eye will never come close, let's be honest here, if there'd never been an Oasis then we wouldn't be posting on a Beady Eye website because Noel and Liam would probably be nobodies.

I'm still extremely pissed off and angry at the way Oasis ended and i hope they reform someday but at the end of the day the sound totally changed when Andy and Gem joined.
I totally respect Andy and Gem as musicians cos they are better musicians than Bonehead and Guigs but Oasis were a better band when it was Noel, Liam, Whitey, Guigs & Bonehead.

Because the public despise Liam so much i think Beady Eye will never be massive and the only people who'll give a s**t about them will be ex-Oasis fans like myself.
Let's be honest, if all the ex-Oasis fans had've taken Noel's side in this and turned their back on Liam, do you think Beady Eye would have a decent fanbase, i don't.

At the end of the day Beady Eye will only ever be a good band at best (in my opinion), but Oasis will always be legends and Liam saying that they believe Beady Eye is the best band in the world is bollocks!

I can only think of 3 stunning tracks on the Beady Eye album and the rest are good at best, no wonder they were rejected as Oasis songs.
Digital Man

Postby b0bban » 30 Mar 2011, 20:53

I'm not finished with Beady Eye yet so I hope not. Oasis WAS great, sure, but they are no more.

Don't see how or why they would reunite.
b0bban

Postby the reg » 31 Mar 2011, 15:50

no shot Oasis doesnt reform in the futur..its as sure as an irish guy bein drunk..it will happen
the reg

Postby oasiscane » 31 Mar 2011, 20:32

Let's move on from Oasis.

Love the sound and direction of Beady Eye. Now we get music from both camps and I would rather have that than Oasis getting back together. And for the person that suggested Oasis with the Bonehead, Guigs and Alan White all I have to say is that you have got to be kidding! No thanks.
oasiscane

Postby Mokoia » 03 Apr 2011, 06:47

Not too sure about this one...would be nice if they did, like a reunion or something
but can't really see Noel on stage with Liam anymore, they are too different now I think.
Although saying that they may have grown up abit since their break up so who knows
it may happen.
Here's hopeing anyway :)
Mokoia

Postby OASISBROTHER » 05 Apr 2011, 05:48

Siegfried_Ulrich wrote:NO! Beady Eye are going to make the Soundtrack to the movie "the last cocktailparty" and they will start doing that next year. I have to admit, that i would really be pissed, if Liam and Noel reunite. Oasis is past and we have their albumes so let the future be Beady Eye, which in my ears, is a fresher and better band, because they try stuff, that Oasis would never have done.

AGREE.
OASISBROTHER

Postby oasis1313 » 09 Apr 2011, 17:18

I hope they reform. Noel's songs, Liam's voice--the best combination ever. In the meantime, I'm grateful to have Beady Eye and whatever Noel comes up with. It's good to see how creative Liam is on his own now.
oasis1313

Postby ben9 » 13 Apr 2011, 05:14

I would like very much to see Oasis make another album. If only a studio one. Honestly though...I just bought Beady Eye and I like as many songs on it as the last 3 Oasis Albums. If they do get back together I hope they put more of what beady eye is going for on it (All you need is love with John L. on the piano instead of those damn tubas...or whatever they were.) The other thing is...If one of the guys isn't really one of the bro's (if you know what I mean) then it makes it very difficult for both of them to feel at home in the band. Or in front of an audience I would think. I went (strait) to an Oasis concert with a (strait) same sex band mate and was immediately asked if we were both gay? To which I replied no, wer'e hobby musicians who liked music. Only time will tell with Beady Eye I think. Definitely maybe...but for surely kinda slowly will sell more with age...just like....well....definately maybe. ****Another thing all us arrogant fans can't seem to realize. We don't actually make these bands huge. The labels and radio stations tell us who's gonna be the next big thing. I sat and had a drink with the guys from nickelback before they were the band everyones heard of and they said they signed a deal the day before that nights gig to sell a million plus and be number one. (THEY HAD NOT BEEN PLAYED ON THE RADIO ONCE) or in front of an audience larger than a few hundred, But sure enough two weeks later they were on every 20 mins. For guys who are not new to being a large name it might be a refreshing step back to play in night clubs with a beer and a relaxed atmosphere for a while. Cheers.
ben9

Postby oasis1313 » 20 Apr 2011, 02:42

Maybe the best solution would be for Noel to write and produce, then have a session guitarist go on tour with Noel making special gigs like Texas Stadium. I treasure the Oasis concerts I've been to, and I'd go see Beady Eye in a heartbeat, but maybe touring is too much for Noel at this time--as it may for Liam in the future. I could dig Oasis as a studio band; sure, I'd love the tours, but producing music is the most important thing. Liam's voice and Noel's songs are the most winning combination of all.
oasis1313

Postby devl385 » 24 Apr 2011, 14:43

I really hope Oasis don't reform Beady Eye and their album is a breath of fresh air.

Oasis where the biggest band in the world now there finished lets keep it that way please.

I think dgss is brilliant and wouldn't want Oasis reforming ever, Noel will have to go some way to beat this album imo

If they do reform at least give it 5-10 years closer to 10 and have at least another 3 beady albums before it happens.
devl385

Postby Digital Man » 24 Apr 2011, 18:44

I can't believe some of the comments on here saying we should leave Oasis in the past. I'm sorry guys but i've news for you, you don't turn your back on a band because they are no more! Fact!

When i get into a band i'm with them for life, if you guys had heard Noel saying that Oasis were gonna split up after a tour, you'd be up in arms about it posting on Oasisinet saying please don't split!

Now that they have split you're saying you never want them to reform, what balls you're talking.

When and not if Oasis reform, they'll take over the world all over again, everyone will want a ticket including people who aren't really into them, because it'll be an event and not just a re-union.

The only way i think they wouldn't reform is if Noel wants to act like his hero Weller who won't reform The Jam, which is a shame as i never got to see them.
Digital Man

Postby Gabriele_Predoli » 30 Apr 2011, 15:46

I think (and I hope) they will reform .... but I'm sure it won't happen until at least 2015, after a few Beady Eye's album (at least 2) and one (probably only one) lazy-Noel's album

I will be interested more in a seeing them live again than in a new album (that will be great... I'm sure)
Gabriele_Predoli

Postby thediamond909 » 30 May 2011, 13:18

This is a very tricky subject......so I don't think I'M gonna say much.. Love Oasis and Love Beady eye...the problem is though that half of the western population wouldn't know rock n roll if it was staring them in the face...Oasis or Beady eye....
thediamond909

Postby TheNazz » 28 Jun 2011, 20:57

It's up to their mum now....
TheNazz

Return to All Things Band