Jeff Wooten

Jeff Wooten

Postby dsam » 07 Mar 2011, 15:07

The bass player seriously looks out of place. Stick skinny with a fugly hair cut. Mullet gone wild.
Liam could've found better looking bassists!

Just saying...
dsam

Re: Jeff Wooten

Postby Frou » 09 Mar 2011, 23:24

Apparently, he’s been recruited to play some gigs, right?
Yeah, he’s a top musician man. He’s not going to be playing on their album. Just live. But we’ll see how it goes, you know what I mean? Jeff’s an ambitious kid. He’s only 24 and he’s a fully-fledged musician, but he might at some point go – ‘you know what? I want to go do my own thing’, but we need a bass player and he looks cool. And he can play bass.

When you were putting the new band together, did you just pick up the phone and call Jeff? Or was it an open audition?
I just picked the phone up. I just rang Jeff and I said, what are you doin’? And he said nothin’. Do you wanna come down and have a little rehearsal with us, and within 2 songs of them jammin’, with Chris Sharrock and everyone, we just went down to the pub after that. We said right, you’re it coz you’re cool. We weren’t gonna over cook it or freak the lad out and go play this song, play that song. You know what I mean? He didn’t jump around, he looked cool, he played his bass and that was it.
I’m not gonna waste my time or loads of kids’ time gettin’ people in and out and holdin’ auditions and all that. I’m not like that. It was all there straight away, you look cool, you got the gig man.

Read more: http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2010/03/liv ... z1G8yQfULc

Yeh, I don't think Liam will agree with ya, mate. I like Jeff's style myself (and I do think he's good looking), but whatever suits you. ;)
Frou

Postby dsam » 10 Mar 2011, 17:48

Yeh I might stick with Noel's opinion - Liam's fashion sense is just bollocks.
dsam

Postby Mick Newcastle » 14 Mar 2011, 14:50

When I saw them at Manchester the other week I thought he looked a bit like a young Paul McCartney, but maybe that was just me. I had been drinking since 11am, so it might have had more to do with that
Mick Newcastle

Postby Frou » 14 Mar 2011, 19:53

Haha yeh mate, maybe you had a bit too much as your description reminds me of Miles Kane moreso than of Jeff Wootton! :lol:

Miles:
Frou

Postby davensony » 15 Mar 2011, 11:05

i agree, so him at paris gig other night-what a miserable tw#t, didnt seemed interested in anything looked at the fans with some kind of weird resentment like he was embarassed to be there(and not in a cool way), didnt add anything to the songs that any other jobbing bass player couldnt.
davensony

Postby TheNazz » 20 Mar 2011, 16:23

He does seem out of place or maybe "out of sorts" at the gigs but then again that could be down to a number of reasons: 1/ He's just there to do a job & he's not really a band member - so why should he care that much? 2/ He's very young & may be a twee bit shy/timid to jump around & carry on or 3/ He thinks he's too cool & just hangs back.
Andy Bell doesn't look that excited about being on stage either......he kinda just stands there with this dour look on his face. In Oasis I thought he was like that b'coz Noel kept him in line but now he's in his own band. For pete's sake show a bit more interest.
TheNazz

Postby JackWMS » 20 Mar 2011, 23:25

Shoegazing innit.

Movement and that is sooooo uncool.
JackWMS

Postby G-liam Roller » 21 Mar 2011, 04:29

he reminds me of OZIL :lol:
G-liam Roller

Postby Frou » 22 Mar 2011, 19:30