Liam

Liam

Postby Cheese » 23 Mar 2011, 14:00

for the first time in 15 years Liams getting on my nerves.

Im getting a little tired of reading constantly jibes from him about noel and other bands etc, he needs to shut the f**k up for a bit, i mean this is Liam hes always been like that, so was noel, and its always really amused me, but i dunno..... itsd beginning to grate on me a little now, time to grow up a bit. Liams not in a band thre size of Oasis anymore, and that doesnt mean he should kiss arse, he should be himself, but Im just finding the jibes at noel particularly stupid.
Cheese

Re: Liam

Postby ChelyVonBitch » 23 Mar 2011, 17:22

Ammm Liam has always been that way, with The rain, oasis or beady eye, he will never grow up enough to close his mouth...
It's his nature.
ChelyVonBitch

Postby JackWMS » 23 Mar 2011, 23:32

Listen, He's doing a tonne of interviews at the moment. Interviewers always ask stupid questions, ''What do you reckon to The Strokes headlining and you only playing a tiny little stage?'', ''Radiohead's album's doing very well at the moment Liam, What do you think of that?'' - What do you reckon he is going to say... ''No comment''?

All he has to do is touch upon a popular band (Even if it is in a joking way, they will make it sound like he was being a c**t about it) and the press jump on with a headline ''LIAM WANTS TO KILL RADIOHEAD MEMBER!!!!!!', If you are intelligent enough don't take what the media says as the whole truth as they are paid to sell bad news... Miserable news makes them a load of cash.

*CoughNMECough*
JackWMS

Postby Digital Man » 24 Mar 2011, 20:05

Now Liam is claiming that Noel treated the rest of the band as if they were his backing band, basically they were if i'm being honest. He also claims Noel made Oasis look like Culture Club in their videos especially Lyla.

If Liam really thinks this then why didn't he open his mouth and tell Noel he wasn't doing the videos? I'll tell you why, because he didn't have that attitude when he was in Oasis, he's jealous because everyone knows Noel is the talented brother and not him.

Liam can sing fair enough but he's never written an amazing song unlike the godlike genius that is Noel, so my advice to Liam is shut the f**k up about Noel and concentrate on what you're doing now with Beady Eye.

If Liam keeps on and on about Noel the whole world will say it's sour grapes but let's be honest here, do you think Noel's album will sell more than Beady Eye's?

I think it will and when it does Liam will have an excuse to hand probably saying it's old men with trenchcoats or something or housewives buying it and that's why it's sold so much.

I love Liam for what he did between 1994 and 2002 but i lost respect for him after that, i like Beady Eye but they'll never have the impact on my life like Oasis did between those years.
Digital Man

Postby Cheese » 25 Mar 2011, 11:12

Digital Man wrote:Now Liam is claiming that Noel treated the rest of the band as if they were his backing band, basically they were if i'm being honest. He also claims Noel made Oasis look like Culture Club in their videos especially Lyla.

If Liam really thinks this then why didn't he open his mouth and tell Noel he wasn't doing the videos? I'll tell you why, because he didn't have that attitude when he was in Oasis, he's jealous because everyone knows Noel is the talented brother and not him.

Liam can sing fair enough but he's never written an amazing song unlike the godlike genius that is Noel, so my advice to Liam is shut the f**k up about Noel and concentrate on what you're doing now with Beady Eye.

If Liam keeps on and on about Noel the whole world will say it's sour grapes but let's be honest here, do you think Noel's album will sell more than Beady Eye's?

I think it will and when it does Liam will have an excuse to hand probably saying it's old men with trenchcoats or something or housewives buying it and that's why it's sold so much.

I love Liam for what he did between 1994 and 2002 but i lost respect for him after that, i like Beady Eye but they'll never have the impact on my life like Oasis did between those years.

Agreed this is whetre i was coming from starting this thread, liams not doing himself any favours for a person in the public eye, who relys on the public for his career. He got away with it in the 90's as they had the tunes and the sales to back it up, now he doesnt (yet). and im not saying this out of spite towatds Liam, hes my idol, its out of concern cos i hate it when hes being trashed by the public, critics etc. Ironically he doesnt give a s**t, but I get offended as if it were me. :roll:

However i dont agree about the whole Liam was hanging on noels coat tails etc, yeah noel is a better songwriter and musician than Liam, but Liams a better frontman and singer and is sublime as far as thats concerned, hes just a talented as noel, but in a different way.
Cheese

Postby JackWMS » 25 Mar 2011, 11:45

I know, but it's just tabloid bollocks isn't it, the papers aren't gunna write about how great the album is everyday.

Just don't listen to the NME!
JackWMS

Postby Digital Man » 25 Mar 2011, 14:37

I'd love to know why people think Liam is such a good frontman, i mean apart from sing he doesn't do anything else, he never seems to smile onstage.
Great frontmen to me are people like David Lee Roth, Bruce Dickinson etc... who know how to put on a show and work the crowd but i suppose it's each to their own.

I thought Liam was a great frontman back in the 90's with his swagger and i don't give a f**k attitude cos i was younger then but that wore off a long time ago now that i'm a bit older and i'd like to think wiser.
Digital Man

Postby Cuddlybear1 » 25 Mar 2011, 16:21

I can understand why some find Liam talking about Noel irritiating.

Let's not forget that in most of these interviews he's being asked questions about Paris 2009, Noel et al.

The fact is he's honest.

Noel, the better songwriter, was the one to walk away with a minute to go to stage time.

In the here and now, I think he's been seen to be more talented than most would give him credit for.

His voice is great, the songs are superb.

And it was Liam's idea to organise the benefit gig for the people of Japan.

Have a think about that people.

To me, that shows someone who has grown up and is using his position responsibly.

Cheers and beers folks

Michael
Cuddlybear1

Postby Digital Man » 25 Mar 2011, 22:11

Well my personal opinion is that the best i heard Liam sing was Be Here Now era, just listen to his sneer on the title track of Be Here Now, absolute class, now he just uses a vocal effect to make him sound like John Lennon.
Digital Man

Postby JackWMS » 27 Mar 2011, 00:43

I can agree, I do not think Liam is that much of a goodfrontman.

Yeah he's got the swagger but at the end of the day there are a hundred other guys out there that have the attitude that also involve the crowd a bit more. There are also people that have more of a persona than he does and they normally write the majority of the songs also :oops:

Beady Eye are great! Oasis were f**king great! but Liam is not a god and I wouldn't even call him an Idol of mine.
JackWMS

Postby Digital Man » 27 Mar 2011, 00:47

Here's yet more proof if there needed to be any that Liam is an idiot. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... ow_1209744
Digital Man

Postby JackWMS » 27 Mar 2011, 00:52

Haha, that kind of thing is going to keep on going on for a while.

Gem must feel well uncomfortable.
JackWMS

Postby Digital Man » 27 Mar 2011, 01:01

You could be right Jack.
Digital Man

Postby TheBoyWithTheBlues » 30 Mar 2011, 19:30

I thought Liam's comments to Noel in RAH was funny! 8-)
TheBoyWithTheBlues

Postby polkadotskies » 01 Apr 2011, 21:26

http://video.corriere.it/beadyeye-oasis ... 3ad3228bba

what Liam says here is right, basically that he's having a laugh etc, and admits its "Childish of him"

good watch!
polkadotskies

Postby JackWMS » 02 Apr 2011, 23:05

Everyone needs to watch that^

Everytime I actually see him speak he seems to have a fair attitude about things, every time the NME reports on something he's said it always make him look like a c**t.

Don't take the NME as law kids!
JackWMS

Return to All Things Band