Beady Eye - Toronto, Canada - June 20, 2011

Beady Eye - Toronto, Canada - June 20, 2011

Postby Marcos_Harston » 06 Apr 2011, 07:12

I'm starting this thread to find out who else is going to the show? Where are the Toronto Beady Eye fans? and the out of towners who are coming for the show speak up! "OUT THE DOOR IT MIGHT BE SNOWING, IN MY WORLD ITS ALWAYS JUNE" Makes me think of Canada and the show in June everytime I hear this line :)CANT WAIT!!!
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Re: Beady Eye - Toronto, Canada - June 20, 2011

Postby ToungelessXGhost » 27 Apr 2011, 12:29

I'm going!! I'm Travelling from BC, my parents are sending me by myself (I'm 17) and I'm wondering if I should take my vinyls-though I'm worried of getting mugged or not being aloud to take Em into the gig.
ToungelessXGhost

Postby BramScott » 28 Apr 2011, 07:09

Show is now listed on the main page as Sold Out, luckily I already got my tics :D
I'm thinking about staying in T.O. overnight, anyone have suggestions on a good hotel to stay at?
BramScott

Postby Marcos_Harston » 30 Apr 2011, 03:38

ToungelessXGhost wrote:I'm going!! I'm Travelling from BC, my parents are sending me by myself (I'm 17) and I'm wondering if I should take my vinyls-though I'm worried of getting mugged or not being aloud to take Em into the gig.

I don't think the vinyls are a good idea unless you plan on staying at the back of the gig and protecting them. I brought in my dslr camera to the TCT shows in London and was right at the front however I spent most of my time protecting it. Got some great photos though :DAlso 17 is young to go all that way but if you got the go ahead then do it, you'll never forget it that's forsure. Also don't worry about getting mugged so much its not that bad here you just have to be careful like you would anywhere.
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby Marcos_Harston » 30 Apr 2011, 03:47

BramScott wrote:Show is now listed on the main page as Sold Out, luckily I already got my tics :D
I'm thinking about staying in T.O. overnight, anyone have suggestions on a good hotel to stay at?

Not sure where your coming from but i'd look for a holiday inn or best western outside of the city or else you will pay alot more then you need too. Here's something it just depends how much you want to spend google Bond Place Hotel/Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. Hope that helps some
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby tiffteam » 01 May 2011, 00:35

I can't even put my excitement for this gig into words...
tiffteam

Postby Marcos_Harston » 01 May 2011, 02:42

^ I know exactly what you mean :Dit's going to be soo great seeing them in a small venue!
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby tiffteam » 01 May 2011, 04:19

Tell me about it! I'm also really stoked to find out who the supporting act is. So far they've all been brilliant artists, so we had better get someone wicked too! :D
tiffteam

Postby digdug » 01 May 2011, 04:54

I bought my ticket during the pre-sale but I still haven't bothered to go out and pick it up. Guess I'll do it when I finally get around to having a haircut and reactivating my government health insurance. :P
digdug

Postby Marcos_Harston » 05 May 2011, 03:12

tiffteam wrote:Tell me about it! I'm also really stoked to find out who the supporting act is. So far they've all been brilliant artists, so we had better get someone wicked too! :D

Yeah Miles Kane was great but we won't get an artist from the UK, if we did i'd be really surprised. I thought we would already know by now as well it's almost a month away.
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby Marcos_Harston » 05 May 2011, 03:14

digdug wrote:I bought my ticket during the pre-sale but I still haven't bothered to go out and pick it up. Guess I'll do it when I finally get around to having a haircut and reactivating my government health insurance. :P

Mine came a few days ago! you should have got it delivered, its free
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby MangoKid » 21 May 2011, 16:00

Morning all, I have a pair of tickets for the Toronto show I'm looking to unload at cost - had a couple friends have to bail thanks to a work trip. Shoot me a message and we can work it out.
MangoKid

Postby Pierce » 29 May 2011, 22:00

I'm going and can't wait!!! Have been looking forward to this for a long time! It is also my gf's first rock concert lol
Pierce

Postby Marcos_Harston » 29 May 2011, 23:01

It's not that far away now :Dhope you two enjoy it as much as I will
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby dpalko » 03 Jun 2011, 15:54

Hey Guys, I have 6 extra tickets for the Toronto show I am happy to unload at cost or work something out, can't make it due to work trip sucks. If you are interested give me a call 416-459-9632 or and I can get you the hard tickets in person downtown Toronto or via mail. The sooner the better and price is negotiable. Cheers
dpalko

Postby EyesMind » 12 Jun 2011, 23:17

:D IM VERY VERY PROUD TO SAY that I am most definitely attending the show at the sound academy, toronto.
Im all the way from Detroit, Michigan. So stoked. words cannot describe.
Cheers everyone
EyesMind

Postby EyesMind » 12 Jun 2011, 23:18

tiffteam wrote:I can't even put my excitement for this gig into words...

Same here my friend
EyesMind

Postby Pierce » 14 Jun 2011, 02:16

Marcos_Harston wrote:It's not that far away now :Dhope you two enjoy it as much as I will

Thanks Marcos...I know that his isn't going to happen, but I'd love them to play Fade Away...hehe...wishful thinking I guess
Pierce

Postby sickbowyer » 19 Jun 2011, 17:23

I have a pair of tickets for the show monday night that I need to sell. If anyone is interested please message me. they were 100$, i'm asking for 90$-the ten bucks saved should cover the cost of your first drink you know to get the night off to a good start.

thanks in advance
sickbowyer

Postby digdug » 20 Jun 2011, 15:43

And off I go on an obnoxious journey into two of the shadiest areas of Toronto to see Beady Eye perform in the worst venue in Toronto~
digdug

Postby Marcos_Harston » 20 Jun 2011, 18:02

Don't worry Beady Eye will make up for it. Today's the Day!!! FINALLYY! :D
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby jaypix » 20 Jun 2011, 19:48

What time do you think they'll come on at? I'm going to get there for 9:30 p.m. and am guessing they'll come on by 9:45 - 10. Unfortunately, the Sound Academy website doesn't have an info. I saw in one of the reviews for Chicago that there was an opening act - The Dig - again, haven't seen anything about an opening act in Toronto (looked up Pollstar, Sound academy, ticketmaster).

Does anyone have any information?
jaypix

Postby Pierce » 21 Jun 2011, 13:43

Shook Liam's hand as he walked off stage! So did my fiance! Great show...front row...what did everyone think?
Pierce

Postby digdug » 22 Jun 2011, 03:20

The opening act was Hippy Mafia. Their drummer is the drummer from Happy Mondays. They were alright. Could have been a lot worse. Beady Eye came on at 9:30 and were done by about 10:45.

The venue didn't seem as bad as I was prepared for it to be. I'd give Liam top marks on his vocal performance. They're playing For Anyone again and he didn't seem to struggle too much with it. Good show.
digdug

Postby Marcos_Harston » 30 Jun 2011, 22:56

I saved this and forgot to post it...

Ok I have a bit of time before I head out in the direction of the Ed Sullivan Theater for Live on Letterman so I shall write a little review of the Toronto show.

I got to the Sound Academy at 3:45 and there were only 4 people in line and a few hanging around by the water and enjoying the view of the Toronto Skyline.
I lined up and spoke with some people, the long wait seemed to fly by and before I knew it we were going inside. Unfortunately before I went in the security took my DSLR :(I was a gutted because I intended to get some nice shots to share with everyone on the forums as I did a video from the Royal Albert Hall TCT show. Sorry All. I had a smaller camera however I realized after the fact that I left all my spare memory cards in the bag they took from me. I managed to get right to the front, I was standing in front of Jeff Wootton. First up was the Hippy Mafia who I thought were really good they are from Manchester but now located in Toronto. They had a bit of an Oasis sound to them, perhaps a bit of Kasabian as well, I enjoyed their set.

Beady Eye came on at about 9:40 and were on top form. They sounded great! The entire set was played including Two of a Kind and both encores Wigwam and Sons of the Stage. The crowd were enjoying the show but they were listening during the songs and the cheering and chats came in between the tracks. Liam asked something like "You enjoying yourself then?" and the crowd screamed back Yes with cheers and applause, Liam said "alright just making sure" I would of like to see more movement after seeing then at the TCT I was expecting it I guess. I know these are different crowds so I was happy that it was sold out and people were lining up early. I was right at the front and Liam and the rest of the band kept looking at my Canadian flag with Beady Eye written on it. Liam pointed at it as well. During Sons of the Stage Liam asked if anyone knows World of Twist, I shouted out Yeahh and raised my flag I think. He looked down and said "Do yeah?" so I shouted back "Yeah Sons of the Stage!!!" he nodded and said this is Sons of the Stage.

Personally I think the venue might have been too small, I found the sound had nowhere to go and after being at the front at TCT and at V-Fest I found myself for the first time with some hearing loss for about a day after the show. During the show things started to sound a bit muffled early on. At first I though it was the mix but it might have just been my ears, I still enjoyed the show from beginning to end. I left for NYC that morning for the Live on Letterman show and Webster Hall, hearing still a bit fuzzy but it was getting better.
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Return to All Things Live