Video of noel saying why Oasis split

Video of noel saying why Oasis split

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 15:39

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/N ... t-up-.html

finally noels version, revelations galore.

Its quite moving actually as a fan to listen to, says hes was happy in Oasis. More i listen to it Liams was the one at fault totally if its all true.
Cheese

Re: Video of noel saying why Oasis split

Postby eight » 06 Jul 2011, 16:09

The thing is is Liam says it was all Noel, Noel says it was all Liam. Liam admitted that he was being an ass to his brother but that wasn't the real reason why Noel split.

My opinion on the subject. After 18 years of Oasis, sales were decreasing, they weren't getting as much heat as they used to, it was getting old. He wanted to go home to his kids and be done with Oasis for a long time. But Noel knew he couldn't just split so he was just looking for a reason. Waiting for someone to screw up to give him a excuse to quit. Not surprisingly Liam probably did get pissed off and that was all Noel needed. So he pins everything on his brother. Liam and Noel are famous for their brotherly attitudes to each other. They enjoy pissing each other off and screwing with each other. Wibling Rivalry is a good example. I don't think it was just Liam. I think it was everything but you must admit it is far to easy to accuse Liam of causing all this grief. He is famous for it. Noel still the genius he is knows that all he has to say is it was all Liam's fault. He knew the media would believe every word.
eight

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 16:16

I dunno, noels famously honest, i do beleive him.

I also beleive it was both their faults and that somehting should have been worked out.

plus Oasis's sales weretn dwindling as such, they dwindled after be here now, as did the rest of the music worlds, but yes Oasis specifically stepped down a peg or two from that album. But then each album since then was better and more successful than the last and DOYS sold quite well, and went top5 in the US. For me the stage was set for Oasis to be massive again, they already were. Maybe even with some canny marketing and genius tunes and production the follow up to DOYs couldve bagged that elusive Us no 1 album.

noels was out of order for being so stubborn by the sounds of it, but Liam wne toff on one, and took it too far and noel had had enough.

I also remember at the time of the split noel making what sounded like an off the cuff remark about a lack of support from his bandmates. Now its obvious he was on about them not intervening when liam lost it , and hes right, i can see where hes coming from, its as if Gem and Andy chose a side there and then.
Cheese

Postby SteveCooper » 06 Jul 2011, 17:01

Kinda wished he would've taken the high road and not dissed Liam so much. Shoulda just talked about his new music and not even mentioned anything about it. Little disappointed in one of my idols. But who really cares??? 2 new albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SteveCooper

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 21:00

SteveCooper wrote:Kinda wished he would've taken the high road and not dissed Liam so much. Shoulda just talked about his new music and not even mentioned anything about it. Little disappointed in one of my idols. But who really cares??? 2 new albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunno he had to give his side, and it's the first thing he's said since the
split , compared to all the s**t liane been spouting he's been a gent
Cheese

Postby eight » 06 Jul 2011, 22:45

[quote="Cheese"

dunno he had to give his side, and it's the first thing he's said since the
split , compared to all the s**t liane been spouting he's been a gent[/quote]

Your wrong mate. He has been on the down low to mainly stay away from media and hype. Noel has told a few lies that Liam caught him on. Remember when Noel was asked if he started his solo album and Noel said he hadnt. Then Liam called him out and said its already finished being written...Then a month later Noel is recording in LA. Noel has been ashamed that he walked out on his fans. Plus whoever leaked the argument of what happened the day of the split was right after hearing Noels side except Noel left out a few details of what he did. Noel made a comment to Liam saying that Liams guitar playing was crummy or something along the lines. Liam hauled his own guitar at Noel and Noel destroyed it. More words were said and that was it. I cant remember the whole article that was like the briefest summary of what happened.
All I know is that Noel and Liam are like gods to me and they are both in the wrong no matter what. But both of them being brothers are going to try to convince us its the other one. The sad thing is, is that more people are inclined to believe everything Noels says which they shouldn't.
eight

Return to All Things General