Noels new stuff

Noels new stuff

Postby Cheese » 05 Jul 2011, 15:52

Well, seeing as his sites not up yet, what do we expect from his new stuff?

As we know the announcement of what I assume are release dates and titles etc is tomorrow, but what do you expect as regards quality and style/musical direction?

I always thought hed get in with amorphopus androgynous or whatever theyre called and do some rock/electro phsychadelia, hes spoke about them loads over the last 3 yrs or so.

more predictably maybe itll be more of the same like the last 2 Oasis albums or so, which did take a different direction especially with Dig out your Soul. Noels got a lot more to lose in my opinion, as noone expected much from Beady Eye what with the lukewarm reception for bring the light and the silly band name (although its like a household name to me now), yet DGSS is a good album, if it werent for silly tunes like beatles and stones and standing on the edge it wiould be pretty special.

But what i expect is that Noels album really will be the real deal, not just as regards the music but as a whole 'act'. His charisma in interviews etc is better than any act on the world I know of, bar none. Hes so funny intelligent etc etc. His songs will surely be on another level from anything on DGSS. Chart success/sales?.... i think his album will hit no1 in the UK, jury's out on the US, singles top 10, sales at least as good as DOYS or DBTT, who knows. All in all Liams won the battle but Noel will win the war I think.

Over that last 2 yrs or so, Liams not shut up, and Noels just kept it shut, cant help but think hes got something up his sleeve......getting excited about this.

My only concern is noels live shows, cant see him having that charisma Liam brings to the stage, and this is where both their strengths are, noels as a songwriter /musician, and Liam as the frontman (just another reason for Oasis to reform). but cant help but think just maybe Noels shows will be a little ...boring?
Cheese

Re: Noels new stuff

Postby TheBoyWithTheBlues » 06 Jul 2011, 08:24

I agree with you on Noel having a lot more than Liam to lose in sense of expectations. We've heard talks about a possible solo album for 10 years or so, and everyone seems quite psyched about it. Everyone seems to think a Noel G solo album will be the greatest thing happening since, I dunno, the invention of the guitar or something.
Having said that, I'm confident he will be able to match our expectations, and then some!

I have seen his solo shows in Royal Albert Hall, and they were definitely not boring! But I hope his future solo gigs will be a mix of electric and acoustic songs. I'm also pretty sure that he will play Oasis songs again (in a funny way, I think it's great that Beady Eye doesn't play any Oasis songs, but I hope maybe that Noel will include some oldies in his set list).

About today's press conference... I'm very exited about the tracklist (and release date, of course), but I'm also exited about who he's playing with on the record/gigs.

One thing's for sure: Noel is back in the music business! At one point I was afraid he would end up as a Sky Sports commentator :D
TheBoyWithTheBlues

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 09:44

I saw his previous solo tour thing with gem, and it was amazing. When I sau boring what i really mean is noels not a natural frontman, he isnt menacing like Liam, doesnt have that swagger etc, but Im confident the songs hell be playing will be amazing.

do you think record machine will be the album??
Cheese

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 13:44

looks like i might get my wish, according to noeld twitter page hes has 2 albums worth of material, the second one to be made with amorphopuse androgenous, woo hoo
Cheese

Postby JackWMS » 06 Jul 2011, 14:32

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!
JackWMS

Postby Cheese » 06 Jul 2011, 15:21

Cand beleive were set to get 2 noel alnums in as many years....2!!!!!!! what the fooks he been doing, the laziest musician in history must be either
1) Skint
2) Back on the drooogs.
3) Getting as pissed off with Liams inanae rants as everyone else and decided to show em how its done or
4) All 3.
This is great news.

As usual im getting ahead of myself and all excited and caught up in the euphoria, but Im feeling a bit sorry for Liam and co. I was listening again to the demos of record machine, stop the clocks, if i had a gun which are apparently touted to be on the album, every tune is miles ahead of any Beady eye tune, the disrespect and qquite frankly hate for Beady eye and Liam grow even more amongst the massess and the non oasis fan forums etc etc, hes becoming a laughing stock and he doesnt deserve that, beady eye are great. Unless noels albums a complete stinker, i fear ittl eclipse anything and everything liam has or will ever do now (not for me as such, but amongst the public, critics, sales etc).

I just hope Liam doesnt go from being this icon playing in front of 100,000 to playing to 1000 tops with beady. Cant help but think hes gonna eventually think...'shit!, whatve I done?'

Its like walking out of the best job you ever had then slag em off only for them to grow massively and you disappear. (i know noel was the one to walk, but liam was the cause apparentley)
Cheese

Postby Craigflash » 06 Jul 2011, 22:23

Cheese wrote:Cand beleive were set to get 2 noel alnums in as many years....2!!!!!!! what the fooks he been doing, the laziest musician in history must be either
1) Skint
2) Back on the drooogs.
3) Getting as pissed off with Liams inanae rants as everyone else and decided to show em how its done or
4) All 3.
This is great news.

As usual im getting ahead of myself and all excited and caught up in the euphoria, but Im feeling a bit sorry for Liam and co. I was listening again to the demos of record machine, stop the clocks, if i had a gun which are apparently touted to be on the album, every tune is miles ahead of any Beady eye tune, the disrespect and qquite frankly hate for Beady eye and Liam grow even more amongst the massess and the non oasis fan forums etc etc, hes becoming a laughing stock and he doesnt deserve that, beady eye are great. Unless noels albums a complete stinker, i fear ittl eclipse anything and everything liam has or will ever do now (not for me as such, but amongst the public, critics, sales etc).

I just hope Liam doesnt go from being this icon playing in front of 100,000 to playing to 1000 tops with beady. Cant help but think hes gonna eventually think...'shit!, whatve I done?'

Its like walking out of the best job you ever had then slag em off only for them to grow massively and you disappear. (i know noel was the one to walk, but liam was the cause apparentley)

So i take it your a Noel fan, i respect you saying BEADY EYE are great but how can you say Liam may become a laughing stock??Saying non oasis forums are getting on t him is laughable, Beady Eye were never gunna make new fans because they are Oasis minus noel, and i guarentee when Oasis played there were more people there to see Liam than Noel. They are on a massive world tour, both legs of there uk tour sold out including 2nights at the difficult Barrowlands!! At the minute if anybody is looking a laughing stock its Noel, hes got the producer who produced DOYS, which was the lowest selling Oasis album, Noels high flying birds, if that isnt a laughing stock in itself i dont know what is, the album is only 44 minutes long and Noel says hes nervous about performing a few because they are dance tunes and hes 44, laughable!! Get from up Noels old wrinkled backside and get your facts straight. Reply to that yiou s.o.b
Craigflash

Postby Cheese » 07 Jul 2011, 10:00

So I take it your a Liam fan :lol:

Im amassive fan of Liam and Noel, and have been since you were probabaly suciking on your mams tits.

I dont really care what you think but the facts are

1) DOYS isnt Oasis lowest selling record.
2)
Beady eye arent on a 'massive' world tour, theyre much smaller gigs than Oasis would play, initially noels will be too but hes got more potential to be much bigger than Beady, Liams said too much not necessarily about noel, but about everyone, and whilst i find it amusing mostly, i think the general public are very tired of Liam.

The truth of it is that he can be really charming like he was on alan carr, but thats not what the masses see, and i think the kind of people wholl buy their type of music will side with noel and hell be much more successfull. And also Liam as a born star i think will regret it if hes doesnt already that, hes not a big as he was in Oasis. simple as that,

And as you seem to have a hang up on age, thinking that at 40 odd noel wont be able to cut it, remember liam aint too far behind him, and both of them have more rock n roll in their pubes than any of the young so called rock stars out there now, also dont expect the albums to be exactly as noel says they will be, if you really knew anyhtiong about liam/noel/oasis, youd know noel always bullshits in interviews about upcoming music, it wont be 'dance' as we know it. One thing you can guarantee is that Beadys next album will have a lot of beatles/lennon references in it, and whilst ill buy it and enjoy it, like i have with DGSS, the masses will find it laughable, and I think thats really sad. Liams the greatest frontman of all time, he deserves to be in a bigger band.

and remember however good Oasis are/were and whatever positive legacy they leave behind its from the music and 99% of that is from Noel, without a doubt Liam delivered it in a way noel never will be able to but all their best stuff is down to noels songs. The truth of it is that im not just a Liam or Noel fan, im an Oasis fan, and Ill always love Oasis more than Beady or solo noel.

so you need to wind your neck in you little c**t,
Cheese

Postby JackWMS » 07 Jul 2011, 12:09

Craigflash wrote:know what is, the album is only 44 minutes long and Noel says hes nervous about performing a few because they are dance tunes and hes 44, laughable!!b

What are you on about. Not my argument mate but that dance music comment makes no sense. Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and Primal Scream to name a few all play or have played dance music, He won't be singing into a voice decoder over some shitty Fruit Loops track will he! :lol:

And that psychedelic group that he's working with is an alternative dance/ House act (sometimes) so it would be fitting, I dislike people narrow mindedness about genres, it's pointless.
JackWMS

Postby Craigflash » 07 Jul 2011, 19:52

Cheese wrote:So I take it your a Liam fan :lol:

Im amassive fan of Liam and Noel, and have been since you were probabaly suciking on your mams tits.

2)
Beady eye arent on a 'massive' world tour, theyre much smaller gigs than Oasis would play, initially noels will be too but hes got more potential to be much bigger than Beady, Liams said too much not necessarily about noel, but about everyone, and whilst i find it amusing mostly, i think the general public are very tired of Liam.

The truth of it is that he can be really charming like he was on alan carr, but thats not what the masses see, and i think the kind of people wholl buy their type of music will side with noel and hell be much more successfull. And also Liam as a born star i think will regret it if hes doesnt already that, hes not a big as he was in Oasis. simple as that,

And as you seem to have a hang up on age, thinking that at 40 odd noel wont be able to cut it, remember liam aint too far behind him, and both of them have more rock n roll in their pubes than any of the young so called rock stars out there now, also dont expect the albums to be exactly as noel says they will be, if you really knew anyhtiong about liam/noel/oasis, youd know noel always bullshits in interviews about upcoming music, it wont be 'dance' as we know it. One thing you can guarantee is that Beadys next album will have a lot of beatles/lennon references in it, and whilst ill buy it and enjoy it, like i have with DGSS, the masses will find it laughable, and I think thats really sad. Liams the greatest frontman of all time, he deserves to be in a bigger band.

and remember however good Oasis are/were and whatever positive legacy they leave behind its from the music and 99% of that is from Noel, without a doubt Liam delivered it in a way noel never will be able to but all their best stuff is down to noels songs. The truth of it is that im not just a Liam or Noel fan, im an Oasis fan, and Ill always love Oasis more than Beady or solo noel.

Cheese!!! Good post mate and i agree with alot of waht you say, BUT, they are on a big world tour, agreed smaller venues but they are a new band with what, say 15 songs to play live, i dont think selling out barrowlands 2 night manchester 2 nights london 2 nights wherver else they sold out, playing countless abroad festivals, headlining NME stage at leeds/reading playing Letterman playing prime time friday night Alan Carr, you cannot seriously tell me that is not a line up with force, Beady eye are what they are, they are a big band, Liam still has a massive following!! But you say they are smaller venues than Oasis would play, that is the most obvious thing anybody could ever say and doesnt even deserve a reply... ALTHOUGH i was at Bridlington spa with the capacity only 3000!! You obviously know more than me but it gets me down when Liam brings out Beady eye, gets ripped for the name, the album comes out and its like it kills people to admit that its good, the fact is, it is good nobody can say other wise, no matter what the "masses" say, the masses you are talking about are probably too busy listening to jason darulo or whatever his name is, anybody with any music taste will admit DGSS is a top notch album and had it been released under OASIS nase with Noel writing most songsd it would have been claimed it was OASIS return to form, that is fact. But Liam has had to strive to prove that its good but on the other hand people claim Oasis havnt released a decent album for the last decade , Noels fault, he then comes along with Noel Gallaghers flying birds (if liam had av brought liams flying birds i dread to think what would have happened) says hes got a album thats 46mins long and everybody is up his crack saying its gunna be awesome, in my eyes people are narrow minded!! I hope none of that sounded as if i was been funny, and apologies for not been the most literate!!
Craigflash

Postby Siegfried_Ulrich » 07 Jul 2011, 21:31

Craigflash wrote:
Cheese wrote:So I take it your a Liam fan :lol:

2)

Cheese!!! Good post mate and i agree with alot of waht you say, BUT, they are on a big world tour, agreed smaller venues but they are a new band with what, say 15 songs to play live, i dont think selling out barrowlands 2 night manchester 2 nights london 2 nights wherver else they sold out, playing countless abroad festivals, headlining NME stage at leeds/reading playing Letterman playing prime time friday night Alan Carr, you cannot seriously tell me that is not a line up with force, Beady eye are what they are, they are a big band, Liam still has a massive following!! But you say they are smaller venues than Oasis would play, that is the most obvious thing anybody could ever say and doesnt even deserve a reply... ALTHOUGH i was at Bridlington spa with the capacity only 3000!! You obviously know more than me but it gets me down when Liam brings out Beady eye, gets ripped for the name, the album comes out and its like it kills people to admit that its good, the fact is, it is good nobody can say other wise, no matter what the "masses" say, the masses you are talking about are probably too busy listening to jason darulo or whatever his name is, anybody with any music taste will admit DGSS is a top notch album and had it been released under OASIS nase with Noel writing most songsd it would have been claimed it was OASIS return to form, that is fact. But Liam has had to strive to prove that its good but on the other hand people claim Oasis havnt released a decent album for the last decade , Noels fault, he then comes along with Noel Gallaghers flying birds (if liam had av brought liams flying birds i dread to think what would have happened) says hes got a album thats 46mins long and everybody is up his crack saying its gunna be awesome, in my eyes people are narrow minded!! I hope none of that sounded as if i was been funny, and apologies for not been the most literate!!

damn craigflash, that was the best argumentation i read in a long time! that's the same thing i thought. if liam would have called them Liam's high flying birds the masses would have crucified him. would love to drink a pint of guiness with you mate! think it would be great to discus stuff with you!
Siegfried_Ulrich

Postby Craigflash » 07 Jul 2011, 22:39

Nice one siegefried, appreciated that someone shares the same views, mines a lager :mrgreen:
Craigflash

Postby Cheese » 08 Jul 2011, 09:30

But Liam has had to strive to prove that its good but on the other hand people claim Oasis havnt released a decent album for the last decade , Noels fault,

Totally agree with that. yeah see where your coming from with some of that,

soz got on my high horse (lady) a bit there. (bad day etc) 8-)
Cheese

Return to All Things General